The day has finally arrived for sports bettors in Michigan! Starting at noon on Friday, you will be able to legally wager on sports in the Great Lakes State. One of the top sportsbooks that will be available to Michiganders starting on Friday is PointsBet.
PointsBet is currently offering the largest welcome offer of any book in the state, with up to a $2000 in free bets for new users. Here is a look at how to sign up for PointsBet as Michigan online sports betting ramps up.
How to sign up for PointsBet
Getting started with PointsBet is easy.
- The site will then ask for a cell phone and Social Security number to verify age and location. Players must be 21 or over to sign up in Michigan.
- Since the site asks for personal information, we encourage players to sign up online through a secure connection, preferably a computer. Once the account is created, download the app to play on the go.
- Before the deposit, check with the bank or credit card company to verify they will allow payments to gaming companies. Most major banks are accepted. That will prevent any delays in depositing and withdrawing funds and receiving bonuses.
The way the $2,000 bonus works is that you’ll get up to $500 in free bets if your first fixed odds (traditional) bet loses. And you’ll get up to $1,500 if your first PointsBetting wager loses.
What is PointsBetting?
PointsBetting is a non-traditional way to wager on sports. Basically, the more points your wager wins by, the more money you receive. Be careful though, because this also works in reverse. The more you lose by, the more you lose.
- If your bet wins by one point, you would win 1x your bet amount (stake)
- If your bet wins by 2 points, you win 2x your stake
- If your bet wins by 10 points, you win 10x your stake
- If you lose by 10 points, you lose 10x your stake
The PointsBet experience
It’s hard to find another sports gaming experience that matches the original content and promotions available at PointsBet. It’s the only place to find Pointsbetting, which allows players to bet props with a built-in gap in prices, creating higher risk and higher reward.
PointsBet has earned a reputation for excellent response to customers, through Name-a-Bet Options, voiding or refunding bad beats through the Karma Committee, and always having unique options for players.
For the first weekend that Michigan online sports betting is live, PointsBet will be offering “No Juice” on the NFL conference championship games. That means +100 spread odds on both games.
PointsBet offers a lot of different options, promotions, and unique content for players. The Australia-based outlet has also made some major deals, including with NBC and the Detroit Tigers.