Points Betting is a unique sports betting option available only at PointsBet Sportsbook (currently in New Jersey and Iowa). This kind of point spread wager is based on the margin of victory or loss and can be very volatile, depending on how much risk a bettor wants to take on a game. During the first week of the 2019 NFL season, one bettor decided to take a massive leap into Points Betting. One massive bet on the Ravens gave a lot of exposure to this relatively new form of point spread betting.
Points bettingPoints Betting is a unique way to wager on sports that’s unique to PointsBet Sportsbook. Betting on point spreads with a -110 moneyline isn’t for everyone. The traditional wager can seem boring since there’s a fixed win or loss. Every point or yard in a football game could change how much is won or lost. A Points Betting wager allows a bettor to win or lose based on the outcome of the wager. The excitement of not knowing the potential amount of a win (or loss) can be exhilarating. Whether the wager is based on a point spread, total, or player prop, the wager isn’t known until the end of the game.
Point spread points bettingPoints Betting is different depending on the type of wager placed. Here’s how a point spread wager would differ depending on the final score:
- If a wager wins by one (1) point, a bettor would win 1x the original wager.
- If a wager wins by two (2) points, a bettor would win 2x the original wager.
- When a wager wins by wins by 10 points, a bettor would win 10x the original wager.
Points betting other marketsPoints Bet offers more wagering markets than many US sportsbooks. Including alternative game odds and player props, there are often more than 200 ways to wager on games at PointsBet. There are also Points Betting options for player or game prop bets. This is where Points betting really becomes a wagering opportunity that’s different from any other sportsbook. Here are some examples of individual Points Betting opportunities for football games:
- Receiving yards: How many yards will Antonio Brown have versus the Dolphins?
- Fantasy Points: How many points will Odell Beckham Jr. score versus the Jets?
- Rushing yards: How many yards will Ezekiel Elliott have against the Redskins?