PlayUp Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonus and Code
Updated September 2022
PlayUp Sportsbook has arrived in the US. Starting with a launch in Colorado, this Australia-born online sportsbook is making its way into the country and plans to expand, with New Jersey next on the list of hopefuls.
PlayUp is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, India and, now, the US. The sportsbook offers users a range of sports to wager on, and plenty of betting options to match.
When you join PlayUp, you’ll also be eligible for a pair of welcome offers. The first is a free bet, and the second is a deposit matching bonus up to $200. Here’s the full rundown of PlayUp’s arrival in the US, and how you can claim the welcome promos.
PlayUp welcome bonus
To claim the welcome bonus, follow one of the links on this page to register at the PlayUp site and enter the bonus code. You’ll be eligible for a $20 free bet, and PlayUp will match your first deposit up to $200. You will need to be 21 or older and within a state where PlayUp is legal.
The free bet will arrive in your account once the sportsbook has verified you; you won’t need to make a deposit to trigger it. You can use the bonus on a bet of your choice, providing it has odds of -500 or greater. Add your wager to your bet slip, and place it using the bet bonus. You’ll need to do this within 30 days or the free bet will expire.
Place a deposit on the site to claim the second part of PlayUp’s welcome offer. You’ll receive a 200% deposit bonus of up to $200. To withdraw the funds, you’ll need to meet a 5x wagering requirement on both the deposit amount and bonus, on bets with odds of -500 or greater. You’ll have three months before the bonus expires.
PlayUp bonus code 2023
Here’s the bonus code information you need to claim PlayUp’s welcome promotion. Players must be 21 or older and within state borders of an area where PlayUp is legal. Right now, that’s only Colorado, but will soon include New Jersey, too.
|Online Sportsbook||PlayUp Sportsbook|
|Deposit Offer||200% bonus up to $200|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Other promotions at PlayUp
There’s plenty more to play with after the welcome bonus. All of the offers below are available to existing players. You can also browse the full promo list by heading over to the sportsbook itself.
- Reload Mondays: On Mondays, every player who deposits will receive a 25% bonus on their money when using the code MONDAY25. Simply head over to the cashier to deposit and claim the bonus cash.
- Parlay Boosts: If your parlay wins, PlayUp will reward you with a boost. Parlays with three or four legs can expect a 10% or 15% boost, while parlays of six-plus legs will get a 25% boost.
- Bad Beat Tuesdays: If you like to place parlays with five or more legs, this offer is for you. Opt in to Bad Beat Tuesdays to protect your parlay bets. If just one leg of your wager loses, PlayUp will reimburse your original wager up to $20 as site credit.
PlayUp sportsbook app
PlayUp’s app is available for both iOS and Android devices. It’s free to download and accessible on smartphones and tablets. The app is currently only available to those sports betting in Colorado, but will soon be available to New Jersey sports bettors and will expand across the US over time.
To download PlayUp onto your mobile device, head over to the sportsbook’s website. From there, create an account if you haven’t already and follow the onscreen prompts to download the app.
If a prompt doesn’t appear, scroll to the footer of the sportsbook and click on the appropriate app link. Android users will need to allow downloads from unknown sources in their security settings, as the sportsbook will download directly from the website.
About the PlayUp app
PlayUp is fun and easy to use on mobile. It uses a simple layout with a navigation bar to help you move between sports, and an expandable menu offers quick links over to the promos page, sportsbook cashier, help and support, and more sportsbook features.
To start betting, select a sport from the menu to browse all of the individual games. You’ll see default odds for each and can expand this to show alternative lines. Make your selections to add them to your bet slip, which you can minimize for easy use on the app. You can also access betting tools such as sports statistics to help you research your picks.
How do I sign up for PlayUp?
It’s easy to register for an account at PlayUp. You must be 21 or older and within state lines of an area where the sportsbook is legal — for now, that’s Colorado only. You can click one of the links on this page to be redirected to the sportsbook’s website to create an account.
- Click the button to register, which will open the sportsbook’s sign-up form.
- Fill in a user ID and password for your account, and enter an email address.
- Enter your personal details, including your first and last name, home address, birth date and contact number.
- Enter the final four digits of your Social Security number to allow PlayUp to verify your account.
- Create a security question for your account. Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- The sportsbook will then verify your information. This should take no longer than a couple of minutes.
- Wait for your free bet to land in your sportsbook account.
PlayUp uses your Social Security number and geolocation technology to check the age and location of its players. If it cannot verify your account, you may need to provide additional documentation.
Where is PlayUp Sportsbook available?
PlayUp is only legal in Colorado right now. The state authorized the online sportsbook in March 2021 following a soft launch. The sportsbook partnered with Bull Durham Casino for its first move into the US.
PlayUp is likely to arrive in New Jersey next, after receiving a license from the state in January 2021. The operator has gained access through a partnership with FR Park Racing, the owner of Parx Casino. We could then see this online sportsbook expand further in the coming months and years, potentially into Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Michigan, among others.
Best features of PlayUp
PlayUp has a number of fantastic features. Here are some of our favorites:
- Easy to use: This online sportsbook uses a simple layout that is mirrored across both the website and app. With just two menus and an easy grid betting format, PlayUp works well for both experienced bettors and those completely new to wagering.
- Range of betting options: You’ll find pregame, live and futures betting at PlayUp, with a range of betting options, as well. Look for moneylines, point spreads and totals alongside a variety of props and alternative betting lines.
- In-house software development: We like that PlayUp keeps its software development in-house. You’ll notice frequent additions to keep the online sportsbook new and up to date with others in the industry.
- Simple promotions: PlayUp has kept both its welcome offer and ongoing promotions simple to understand. You won’t find any complicated small print or opt-in requirements.
- Favorites: Add sports to your favorites on both the website and app for easy access in the future. If you’re known to place your bets in a rush, this is a fantastic feature for helping to get things done quickly.
Potential changes to PlayUp
There are a couple of changes we would like to see from PlayUp in the future — after all, no online sportsbook is entirely perfect.
- Improved screen optimization: PlayUp is available on both desktop and mobile, but doesn’t work exactly as expected when the screen size is minimized, particularly on desktop. We’d like to see this improve as time goes on.
- Better FAQ: The FAQ at PlayUp is very detailed, but categories to separate it and a search bar would help users find what they’re looking for.
PlayUp betting options
Choose a sport to view all of its betting options at PlayUp. A number of games will load, starting with ongoing contests and the most popular events at the time. Default odds and lines will appear for these games, usually point spreads, moneylines and totals. You can then expand these games to show alternative betting options, including props.
The live betting button is available at the top of the page, which will allow you to keep an eye on ongoing games while betting on them. Find long-term bets by choosing a sport and clicking on the option for futures.
The biggest leagues, including MLB, the NBA and the NFL, often offer the most betting lines. Other sports may have slightly fewer options available, but there’s usually more than enough choices.
Sports you can bet on at PlayUp
This sportsbook has more than 20 sports for you to wager on, including professional and college leagues. Sports include football, basketball, soccer, baseball and hockey. If you’re looking for a more niche option, PlayUp also offers lines on motorsports, rugby and MMA.
Place bets on international sports by clicking on a sports icon and choosing a country. PlayUp covers games in the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Spain and more. Look for betting lines on Spain’s La Liga and Bundesliga in Germany.
Banking at PlayUp Sportsbook
PlayUp offers a range of payment methods along with fast processing times. The sportsbook also features regular deposit offers, such as its 25% boost on Mondays. Here are your banking options:
How to deposit
Deposits at PlayUp start at $10, and funds will arrive in your account within minutes. Navigate to the cashier and choose from one of the following methods:
- VIP Preferred
- Credit/debit card
- Play+ prepaid card
- E-check (ACH)
How to withdraw
Withdrawing is pretty fast at this sportsbook; payment methods such as Skrill can get you your funds within 24 hours, while other methods will take between three and five business days. Here’s how to withdraw at PlayUp:
- VIP Preferred
- Play+ card
Cash at the cage
PlayUp users in Colorado may be able to deposit and withdraw funds at Bull Durham Casino in the future, though this isn’t an option at this time. As PlayUp expands across the US, we could see it open a number of land-based sportsbooks for users.
How to contact customer support
You’ll find help and support links in the footer of PlayUp’s main page, or in the main menu of the app. The sportsbook’s FAQ isn’t as clear as some others, but still covers promotions, accounts and banking pretty well.
The contact button will tell you how to reach the PlayUp team in your state. Get in touch via phone, email or live chat, which is available on the website and app. Here’s how to find support from the sportsbook:
- Live chat: Accessible on website or app
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 719-455-2012
Responsible gambling at PlayUp
PlayUp has a full responsible gambling policy that players can open from the footer of the website. In this policy, PlayUp offers a number of features to help players gamble responsibly.
When you create an account, you can choose to set limits on your deposits, stakes and sessions. This can help you keep track of the money you’re spending when betting, and the amount of time you’re using to wager.
If you’d like to take a break, choose to temporarily suspend your account from anywhere between 24 hours and six months. If you’d like to discontinue your play at the sportsbook permanently, you can deactivate your account.
History of PlayUp
PlayUp is a global brand that originated in Australia. The sportsbook went on to launch in New Zealand and India, and arrived in the US in March 2021 when it launched in the state of Colorado.
The sportsbook has over 300,000 customers globally and has now opened a US headquarters in Las Vegas in preparation for expansion across the country. PlayUp will likely launch in New Jersey next after obtaining a license in January 2021.