The No. 20 Pittsburgh Panthers (9-2, 6-1 ACC) bring college football’s ninth-ranked rushing defense into a matchup with the Syracuse Orange (5-6, 2-5 ACC), who have the No. 4 rushing offense. The Orange,on the moneyline to win, play host to the Panthers, listed at on the spread, on November 27, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The total for the game is set at points.
Before making a bet on this game, read this article where we surface the best available odds and dig into everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, stats, trends and more.
This article makes reference to lines current as of November 27, 2021 at 7:04 PM ET. See all the current odds for this game in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Pittsburgh Vs. Syracuse Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Pittsburgh Offense Vs. Syracuse Defense
|Panthers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Orange Defense|
|43.9 (3)||Points/Gm||25.9 (65)|
|531.1 (2)||Yards/Gm||330.2 (29)|
|370.1 (3)||Pass Yards/Gm||203.8 (36)|
|161.0 (65)||Rush Yards/Gm||126.4 (30)|
|9.1 (10)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (77)|
|4.2 (67)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (16)|
|46.9% (11)||3rd Down %||36.5% (44)|
|9 (35)||Turnovers||5 (121)|
|8 (65)||Sacks||16 (5)|
Syracuse Offense Vs. Pittsburgh Defense
|Syracuse Offense||Stats (Rank)||Pittsburgh Defense|
|25.9 (88)||Points/Gm||24.1 (51)|
|378.1 (80)||Yards/Gm||363.1 (54)|
|147.2 (122)||Pass Yards/Gm||263.8 (117)|
|230.9 (4)||Rush Yards/Gm||99.3 (9)|
|6.2 (112)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (77)|
|5.5 (6)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (7)|
|33.1% (118)||3rd Down %||32.7% (16)|
|7 (17)||Turnovers||12 (34)|
|4 (22)||Sacks||12 (20)|
When Pittsburgh Has The Ball
- The Panthers offense is 35th-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (9), and are up against the 121st-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Orange (5).
- Pittsburgh averages 9.1 yards per pass attempt (10th in the FBS), and Syracuse gives up 7.5 per pass (77th in college football).
- The Panthers have the third-ranked offense in the FBS (43.9 points per game), and will be up against the Orange’s 65th-ranked defense (25.9 ppg).
- Pittsburgh is 65th-ranked in college football in sacks allowed (eight), and is up against the team ranked fifth in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Syracuse (16).
When Syracuse Has The Ball
- The Orange are 118th in the FBS in third-down percentage (33.1%), and will be looking to stay on the field against the 16th-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Panthers (32.7%).
- Syracuse’s offense ranks 88th in the FBS at 25.9 points per game. It will be up against Pittsburgh’s defense which gives up 24.1 per game (51st in college football).
- The Orange average 6.2 yards per pass attempt (112th in the FBS) compared to the 7.5 per pass the Panthers give up (77th in college football).
- The Orange’s offense is 80th in college football averaging 378.1 yards per game, while Pittsburgh ranks 54th in yards allowed (363.1).
Pittsburgh Betting Trends And Insights
- Pittsburgh has put together an 8-3-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Panthers have covered the spread three times this season (3-2 ATS) when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- In Pittsburgh’s 11 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total eight times.
- Pittsburgh’s 11 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 58 points eight times.
- The Panthers are 8-2 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 80% of those games).
Syracuse Betting Trends And Insights
- Syracuse has covered eight times in 11 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Orange have been an underdog by 12.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Syracuse and its opponents have combined to hit the over five out of 11 times this season.
- Syracuse has played five games this season that ended with a point total higher than 58 points.
- The Orange have been underdogs in eight games this season and won two (25%) of those contests.
Pittsburgh Players To Watch
- Kenny Pickett has thrown for 3,857 yards while completing 67.1% of his passes (286-of-426), with 36 touchdowns and six interceptions this year (350.6 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 89 times for 214 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 19.5 yards per game.
- Israel Abanikanda has churned out a team-high 580 rushing yards (52.7 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns. He has tacked on 23 catches for 200 yards (18.2 receiving yards per game) with one receiving touchdown.
- Vincent Davis has rushed for 432 yards on 106 carries (39.3 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Jordan Addison has 74 catches, leading his team with 1,272 yards (115.6 ypg) while also scoring 15 touchdowns this season.
- Jared Wayne has also added 41 catches for 594 yards and four touchdowns this year. He puts up 59.4 receiving yards per game.
- Taysir Mack has caught 27 passes for 461 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 57.6 yards per game this year.
Syracuse Players To Watch
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 1,228 yards while completing 50.5% of his passes (106-of-210), with seven touchdowns and four interceptions this year (111.6 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 157 times for 783 yards and 14 touchdowns, averaging 71.2 yards per game.
- Sean Tucker has run for a team-leading 1,471 yards on 234 carries (133.7 yards per game) while scoring 12 touchdowns. He also averages 21.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing 18 passes for 237 yards and two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson has 29 catches, leading his team with 297 yards (27.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown this season.
- Damien Alford’s stat line this year shows 12 catches for 240 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 26.7 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from