The Detroit Pistons (0-1) are at home in Central Division play against the Cleveland Cavaliers (1-0) on Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM ET. The Pistons are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 217 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pistons vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Pistons vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 26
Cavaliers: Kevin Love: Day To Day (Calf), Dante Exum: Day To Day (Hip), Dylan Windler: Out (Wrist), Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal), Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
Pistons and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Detroit managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 27-37-1 against the spread.
- The Pistons were 7-10 against the spread last season when they were at least a 2.5-point favorite.
- Detroit and its opponents hit the over in 38 of 65 games last season (58.5%).
- With a 30-33-2 record ATS, Cleveland did not routinely covered the spread last season.
- As at least a 2.5-point underdog last season, the Cavaliers tended to had trouble covering with only a 0-2 record against the spread.
- 36 of Cleveland’s 65 games (55.4%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Collin Sexton scored a team-high 23 points to lead the Cavaliers past Reggie Jackson (16 points) and the Pistons 115-100 in their most recent matchup on Monday. The Pistons were favored by 6.5 points in the game, but the Cavaliers covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 215 total points to cover the 214-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||214||-259||211||Regular Season||115-100 CLE*|
|1/9/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-7.5||221.5||-309||243||Regular Season||115-112 CLE*|
|1/7/2020||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||219.5||-159||131||Regular Season||115-113 DET*|
|12/3/2019||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||216.5||-158||132||Regular Season||127-94 DET*|
|3/18/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-119 CLE|
|3/2/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-93 DET|
|11/19/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 DET|
|10/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-103 DET|
|3/5/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-90 CLE|
|1/30/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-114 DET|
- 1/27/2020 DNP – Pistons: Derrick Rose, Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin
- 1/9/2020 DNP – Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- 1/7/2020 DNP – Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- 12/3/2019 DNP – Pistons: Reggie Jackson
- In Detroit’s matchups last season, the Pistons and their opponents exceeded Saturday’s total of 217 points 39 times (59.1% of opportunities).
- In 64.6% of Cleveland’s games last season (42 of 65), the total points scored was higher than Saturday’s 217-point over/under.
- Last season, the average total for Pistons games was 218 points, one more than the over/under of 217 points for this contest.
- Cavaliers’ games have a total points bet of 221.7 points last season, 4.7 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Pistons had an average implied point total of 112.1 last season, which is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (110).
- Detroit scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 28 times last season.
- The Cavaliers’ average implied point total last season (113.8 points) is 6.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- Cleveland put up more than 107 points in 33 games last season.
- Last season, the Pistons were at the 25th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (107.2 PPG), while the Cavaliers allowed the 22nd-fewest points per game (114.8) in the league.
- The Pistons had a -235-point scoring differential last season (-3.6 per game). The Cavaliers were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-513 total points, -7.9 per game).
- Derrick Rose racked up 18.1 points per game last season and added 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee pulled down 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Delon Wright nicked 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks an outing.
- Sexton averaged 20.8 points per game last season.
- Darius Garland collected 3.9 assists per game and Andre Drummond pulled down 15.8 rebounds per matchup.
- Drummond averaged 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from