Big Ten rivals square off when the Penn State Nittany Lions (6-4, 3-4 Big Ten) meet the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-5, 2-5 Big Ten) at Beaver Stadium in University Park, Pennsylvania. The Nittany Lions, listed aton the spread, serve as host on November 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET against the Scarlet Knights, on the moneyline to win. A point total of points has been set for the game.
Before you make a bet on this game, read this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
This article uses betting data current as of November 20, 2021 at 10:04 AM ET. See all the current odds for this outing in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Penn State Vs. Rutgers Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Penn State Offense Vs. Rutgers Defense
|Nittany Lions Offense||Stats (Rank)||Scarlet Knights Defense|
|26.0 (83)||Points/Gm||22.7 (44)|
|378.3 (80)||Yards/Gm||372.4 (67)|
|272.2 (23)||Pass Yards/Gm||218.1 (54)|
|106.1 (116)||Rush Yards/Gm||154.3 (76)|
|7.1 (85)||Yards/Pass||8.1 (102)|
|3.1 (119)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (65)|
|39.6% (70)||3rd Down %||28.8% (6)|
|8 (33)||Turnovers||11 (34)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||8 (66)|
Rutgers Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Rutgers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|23.0 (103)||Points/Gm||17.1 (9)|
|326.5 (110)||Yards/Gm||350.7 (49)|
|180.9 (111)||Pass Yards/Gm||213.9 (50)|
|145.6 (78)||Rush Yards/Gm||136.8 (57)|
|6.0 (115)||Yards/Pass||5.9 (7)|
|3.6 (100)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (23)|
|33.6% (114)||3rd Down %||36.0% (36)|
|8 (33)||Turnovers||10 (47)|
|5 (30)||Sacks||8 (66)|
When Penn State Has The Ball
- The Nittany Lions convert 39.6% of their third-down plays (70th in college football). The Scarlet Knights’ defense gives up third-down conversions at a 28.8% clip (sixth).
- Penn State ranks 119th in the FBS averaging 3.1 yards per carry. Rutgers gives up 4.1 per rushing attempt (65th in college football).
- The Scarlet Knights allow 154.3 rushing yards per game (76th in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ rushing game ranks 116th in college football (106.1).
- Penn State’s offense is 83rd in the FBS at 26.0 points per game. Rutgers gives up 22.7 per game (44th in college football).
When Rutgers Has The Ball
- The Nittany Lions defense allows 5.9 passing yards per attempt (seventh in the FBS). They will attempt to shut down the Scarlet Knights’ passing attack, which has the No. 115 yards-per-pass average in college football (6.0 per attempt).
- Rutgers scores 23.0 points per game (103rd in the FBS), and will be facing a Penn State defense which ranks ninth in college football (allowing 17.1 ppg).
- The Scarlet Knights are 114th in the FBS in third-down percentage (33.6%), and will be up against the 36th-ranked Nittany Lions third down defense (36.0%).
- Rutgers ranks 100th in the FBS averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Penn State gives up 3.5 per rushing attempt (23rd in college football).
Penn State Betting Trends And Insights
- Penn State has put together a 6-4-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Nittany Lions have been favored by 18.5 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- This season, games featuring Penn State have hit the over just twice.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to score more than 46.5 points in four of 10 games this season.
- The Nittany Lions have been the moneyline favorite six total times this season. They’ve finished 5-1 in those games.
Rutgers Betting Trends And Insights
- Rutgers has put together a 5-4-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have covered the spread when playing as at least 18.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- So far this year, three out of Rutgers’ nine games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Rutgers has combined with its opponent to score more than 46.5 points in three of nine games this season.
- This season, the Scarlet Knights have won one out of the five games in which they’ve been the underdog.
Penn State Players To Watch
- This year, Sean Clifford has racked up 2,576 passing yards (257.6 yards per game) while going 222-for-354 (62.7% completion percentage) and throwing 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He has added 138 rushing yards on 77 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 13.8 yards per game.
- Keyvone Lee has churned out a team-best 375 rushing yards (37.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Noah Cain has rushed for 293 yards on 93 carries (32.6 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Jahan Dotson has 80 catches and leads the team with 993 yards (99.3 per game) while hauling in nine touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has contributed with 590 yards (on 47 catches) and two touchdowns.
- Keandre Lambert has 419 receiving yards on 28 receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 41.9 yards per game.
Rutgers Players To Watch
- Noah Vedral leads the team with 1,590 passing yards (159.0 yards per game) and has a 60.3% completion percentage this year (152-of-252) while throwing seven touchdowns with five interceptions. He also has 257 rushing yards on 83 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 25.7 yards per game.
- Isaih Pacheco has 146 attempts for a team-high 562 rushing yards (56.2 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Bo Melton has 49 catches, leading his team with 524 yards (65.5 ypg) while also scoring three touchdowns this season.
- Shameen Jones has chipped in with 288 yards (on 29 catches).
- This season Aron Cruickshank has caught 20 passes for 244 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 34.9 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from