Big Ten foes square off when the Penn State Nittany Lions (12-6, 3-4 Big Ten) host the Nebraska Cornhuskers (10-9, 3-5 Big Ten) at Bryce Jordan Center, beginning at 2:15 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Nittany Lions’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Cornhuskers ( ).
The betting facts in the article below reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM ET.
Penn State vs Nebraska Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Penn State Offense Vs. Nebraska Defense
|Penn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Nebraska Defense|
|74.5 (131)||Points/Gm||66.8 (111)|
|18.2 (9)||Possessions/Game||10.8 (173)|
|46.6 (69)||Field Goal %||41.7 (86)|
|39.8 (6)||3PT %||32.4 (127)|
|56.0 (16)||Effective FG %||48.5 (128)|
|58.2 (38)||True Shooting %||50.6 (43)|
Nebraska Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Nebraska Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|66.2 (313)||Points/Gm||67.1 (117)|
|10.8 (186)||Possessions/Game||18.2 (355)|
|43.8 (220)||Field Goal %||41.3 (68)|
|30.0 (332)||3PT %||33.3 (168)|
|49.1 (270)||Effective FG %||47.6 (88)|
|51.7 (293)||True Shooting %||51.2 (58)|
Best Betting Sites For Penn State vs Nebraska
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered 11 times in 18 matchups with a spread this season.
- When playing as at least 8.5-point favorites this season, the Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 3-3.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 18 times this season.
- In 10 games this season, the Nittany Lions and their opponents have scored more than 134.5 total points.
- Penn State has an average total of 141.6 in its contests this year, 7.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Nebraska Betting Insights
- Nebraska has put together a 7-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cornhuskers have covered the spread once when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this season (in five opportunities).
- A total of three Nebraska’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Cornhuskers have combined with their opponent to score more than 134.5 points in seven of 19 games this season.
- The average over/under for Nebraska’s matchups this season is 133.0, 1.5 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Penn State Key Players
- The Nittany Lions points, rebounds and assists leader is Jalen Pickett. He contributes 17.7 points per game and adds 7.7 rebounds and 7.3 assists.
- Andrew Funk is the top three-point shooter for the Nittany Lions, knocking down 3.1 per game.
- Penn State’s steals leader is Pickett, who averages 1.1 per game. Kebba Njie leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a contest.
Nebraska Key Players
- Derrick Walker has the top Cornhuskers spot in two categories: scoring (13.6 points per game) and rebounding (7.9 rebounds per game).
- The Nebraska leader in assists is Sam Griesel with 4.1 assists per game.
- Keisei Tominaga is tops from three-point range for the Cornhuskers, hitting 1.5 treys per game.
- Nebraska’s Juwan Gary has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and Walker is first in blocks with 0.7 per game.