The Penguins areon the moneyline to win, while the Blue Jackets have odds to claim victory when the teams meet on Friday. This matchup has a total of .
The betting trends in what follows are based off odds valid as of April 29, 2022 at 6:12 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Penguins Vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Penguins Vs. Blue Jackets Player Props
Injury Report as of April 29
Penguins: Nathan Beaulieu: Out (Lower Body), Tristan Jarry: Out (Foot), Jason Zucker: Doubtful (Lower Body)
Blue Jackets: Joonas Korpisalo: Out (Hip), Boone Jenner: Out (Back), Daniil Tarasov: Out (Hip), Zach Werenski: Out (Nose), Sean Kuraly: Out (Foot), Patrik Laine: Out (Upper Body), Alexandre Texier: Out (Finger), Adam Boqvist: Questionable (Lower Body), Nick Blankenburg: Out (Upper Body)
|Penguins Offense||Stats (Rank)||Blue Jackets Defense|
|3.27 (11)||Goals/Game||3.63 (28)|
|34.5 (7)||Shots/Game||35 (31)|
|9.5% (18)||Shooting %||10.4% (24)|
|7.8 (13)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||7.1 (13)|
|Blue Jackets Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penguins Defense|
|3.17 (13)||Goals/Game||2.72 (5)|
|29.9 (20)||Shots/Game||31.3 (14)|
|10.6% (8)||Shooting %||8.7% (3)|
|6.7 (4)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||7.8 (6)|
Penguins And Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Penguins have been a moneyline favorite 57 times this season, and have finished 35-22 in those games.
- Pittsburgh has played as a moneyline favorite of -450 or shorter in just one game this season, and won.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Penguins an 81.8% chance to win.
- This season the Blue Jackets have won 24 of the 64 games, or 37.5%, in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Columbus has played as a moneyline underdog of +330 or longer twice this season, and split 1-1.
- The implied probability of a win by the Blue Jackets, based on the moneyline, is 23.3%.
Head to Head
Pittsburgh earned a 5-1 victory in the most recent meeting between these teams. Jake Guentzel recorded two goals for the Penguins. Gustav Nyquist recorded one goal for the Blue Jackets.
|2/27/2022||Penguins||Blue Jackets||-1.5||6.5||3-2 PIT|
|1/21/2022||Penguins||Blue Jackets||-1.5||6.5||5-2 PIT|
- Sidney Crosby has been imperative to Pittsburgh’s offense this season, racking up 84 points in 68 games.
- Having scored 40 goals and adding 43 assists, Guentzel is excelling for Pittsburgh through 75 games.
- Kris Letang has created 67 points for Pittsburgh in 77 games this season, netting a goal on 4.2% of his shots and putting up nine goals and 58 assists.
- Across 58 games played, Tristan Jarry has a goaltending record of 29-16-4. During those games, he’s allowed 138 goals while recording 1573 saves.
Blue Jackets Leaders
- Jakub Voracek’s six goals and 54 assists in 78 games for Columbus add up to 60 total points on the season.
- Patrik Laine is a key piece of the offense for Columbus with 56 total points this season. He has scored 26 goals and added 30 assists in 56 games.
- Oliver Bjorkstrand is a top contributor on offense for Columbus with 27 goals and 29 assists.
- Elvis Merzlikins is 23-17-2 on the season, giving up 176 goals (3.2 goals against average) and collecting 1702 saves with a .906 save percentage (31st in the league).