The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-29) are underdogs () to end a four-game road losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (15-21) on Thursday, March 11 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 11, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 11
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Jordan McLaughlin: Out (Health Protocols),
Jarrett Culver: Day To Day (Toe),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
Pelicans and Timberwolves Records ATS
- New Orleans is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 16-20
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Pelicans are 0-2 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 24 of 36 New Orleans games this season (66.7%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota has a 12-22-2 record ATS this season.
- Minnesota has hit the over in 18 games this season, half of the 36 games they have played (with one push).
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Timberwolves knocked off the Pelicans 120-110. Brandon Ingram led the Pelicans with 30 points, and Naz Reid paced the Timberwolves with 20. The Timberwolves covered the spread as 8.5-point underdogs, and the teams scored 230 total points to finish over on the 216.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Pelicans||Timberwolves||-8.5||216.5||-375||294||Regular Season||120-110 MIN|
- New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over on Thursday’s 239.5 total in 12 out of 37 games (32.4%) this year.
- In 19.4% of Minnesota’s games this season (7 of 36), the total points scored was greater than Thursday’s 239.5-point over/under.
- This season the average total for Pelicans games is 230.8 points, 8.7 fewer than the over/under of 239.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 14.6 points separates this game’s over/under (239.5 points) and the average total points bet in Timberwolves’ games (224.9 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Pelicans this season is 115.2 points, 8.8 fewer points than their implied total of 124 points in Thursday’s game.
- This season, New Orleans has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (124) 11 times.
- The Timberwolves’ average implied point total on the season (116.4 points) is 0.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (116 points).
- This season, Minnesota has scored more than this game’s implied total of 116 points 10 times.
- The Pelicans are the league’s fifth-highest scoring team (112.4 PPG), while the Timberwolves allow the 28th-fewest points per game (117) in NBA action.
- The Pelicans have a negative point differential on the season (-126 total points, -3.4 per game), as do the Timberwolves (-327 total points, -9.1 per game).
- Zion Williamson leads the Pelicans scoring 25.6 points per game.
- New Orleans is led in rebounding by Steven Adams’ 8.9 rebounds per game and assisting by Lonzo Ball’s 5.1 assists per game .
- Ball is the top three-point shooter for the Pelicans, connecting on 3.0 per game.
- New Orleans’ blocks leader is Ingram, who records 0.8 per game. Ball leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
- Karl-Anthony Towns has the top Timberwolves spot in two categories: scoring (22.0 points per game) and rebounding (10.9 rebounds per game).
- Ricky Rubio puts in work dishing out assists and is Minnesota’s assist leader with 6.4 per game.
- D’Angelo Russell is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- Nobody on Minnesota grabs more steals than Rubio (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Towns (1.7 per game).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from