The New Orleans Pelicans (2-2) are favored by points against the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on FS-OK. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 30, 2020, 11:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Thunder Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 31
Pelicans: Wenyen Gabriel: Day To Day (Right Knee)
Thunder: Ty Jerome: Out (Left Ankle), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Pelicans and Thunder Records ATS
- New Orleans covered the spread as often as they didn’t last season, sporting a 34-34-4 ATS record.
- The Pelicans were 6-2-1 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 5.5-point favorite.
- In 52.8% of its games last season (38/72), New Orleans and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Oklahoma City routinely covered the spread last season with a record of 46-31-1.
- As at least a 5.5-point underdog last season, the Thunder failed to meet expectations with only a 5-13 record against the spread.
- 46.2% of Oklahoma City’s 78 games last season topped the over/under.
Head to Head
Danilo Gallinari (29 points) led the Thunder over Zion Williamson (32 points) and the Pelicans 123-118 in their most recent matchup on Thursday. The Pelicans were favored by 3 points in the game, but the Thunder covered the spread. The 241 total points in the matchup went over the 235-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3||235||-159||133||Regular Season||123-118 OKC*|
|12/1/2019||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3||228.5||-146||123||Regular Season||107-104 OKC*|
|11/29/2019||Thunder||Thunder||-5||229||-212||176||Regular Season||109-104 OKC*|
|11/2/2019||Thunder||Thunder||-2.5||228||-133||113||Regular Season||115-104 OKC*|
|2/14/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-122 NO|
|1/24/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-116 OKC|
|12/12/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-114 NO|
|11/5/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-116 OKC|
|4/1/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-104 OKC|
|2/2/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-100 NO|
- 2/13/2020 DNP – Pelicans: Brandon Ingram
- 12/1/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 11/29/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Lonzo Ball
- 11/2/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson; Thunder: Steven Adams
- New Orleans’ games last season resulted in a higher total score than Thursday’s matchup over/under (214 points) in 60 out of 72 opportunities (83.3% of matchups).
- In 57% of Oklahoma City’s games last season (45 of 79), the total points scored was more than Thursday’s 214-point over/under.
- The Pelicans saw a 233 average over/under in their games last season, 19 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 4.5 points separates the average total points bet in Thunder’s games (218.5 points) and this game’s over/under (214 points).
- The Pelicans’ average implied point total last season was 8.6 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (118.6 implied points on average compared to 110 implied points in this game).
- New Orleans outscored this matchup’s implied point total (110) 48 times last season.
- The Thunder’s average implied point total last season (112 points) is eight points higher than their implied total in this matchup (104 points).
- Oklahoma City scored more than 104 points in 58 games last season.
- Last season, the Pelicans were the league’s fifth-highest scoring team (115.8 PPG), while the Thunder allowed the seventh-fewest points per game (108.6) in NBA action.
- The Pelicans had a negative point differential last season (-93 total points, -1.3 per game), while the Thunder scored 98 more points than their opponents (1.2 per game).
- Brandon Ingram put up 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams pulled down 9.2 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball averaged 7.0 assists per game .
- Ball averaged 1.4 steals per game. Adams collected 1.1 blocks a game.
- Al Horford dished out 4.0 assists and 6.8 rebounds per game a season ago.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a strong season offensively, scoring 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza averaged 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from