A game after he scored 32 points in an 111-98 loss to the Heat, Zion Williamson leads the New Orleans Pelicans (1-1) at home against the San Antonio Spurs (2-0) on Sunday, December 27, 2020. The Pelicans are favored by in the matchup, which airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SW. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 27, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Spurs Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Spurs Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 27
Pelicans: Will Magnay: Out (Not With Team), Wenyen Gabriel: Out (Right Knee)
Spurs: Derrick White: Out (Toe), Quinndary Weatherspoon: Day To Day (Knee)
Pelicans and Spurs Records ATS
- New Orleans was an even 34-34-4 against the spread last season.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Pelicans were 8-2-1 against the spread last season.
- In 52.8% of its games last season (38/72), New Orleans and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- With a 30-39-2 record ATS, San Antonio did not always covered the spread last season.
- The Spurs only held a 4-11 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 5-point underdog.
- 42 of San Antonio’s 71 games (59.2%) last season went over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Spurs got a team-high 27 points out of DeMar DeRozan on the way to a 122-113 win against JJ Redick (31 points) and the Pelicans in their most recent matchup on Sunday. The Pelicans were 3.5-point favorites in the game, but the Spurs covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 235 total points to finish under the 239.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/9/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3.5||239.5||-163||135||Regular Season||122-113 SA*|
|1/22/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3.5||236||-162||134||Regular Season||121-117 SA|
|2/2/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-108 SA|
|1/26/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-114 SA|
|11/19/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||140-126 NO|
|11/3/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-95 SA|
|4/11/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-98 NO|
|3/15/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-93 SA|
|2/28/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|11/22/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-90 NO|
- 8/9/2020 DNP – Spurs: Patty Mills, Bryn Forbes
- In New Orleans’ matchups last season, the Pelicans and their opponents eclipsed Sunday’s point total of 228 points 41 times (56.9% of opportunities).
- In 37 out of San Antonio’s 71 games last year (52.1%), the competing teams combined for more points than the point total in Sunday’s matchup.
- Last season, the average total for Pelicans games was 233 points, five more than the over/under of 228 points for this contest.
- Spurs’ games have a total points bet of 229.2 points last season, 1.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the Pelicans last season was 118.6 points, 1.6 more points than their implied total of 117 points in Sunday’s game.
- New Orleans outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 35 times last season.
- The Spurs’ average implied point total last season (114.8 points) is 2.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (112 points).
- San Antonio scored more than 112 points in 39 games last season.
- Last season, the Pelicans were the league’s fifth-highest scoring team (115.8 PPG), while the Spurs allowed the 25th-fewest points per game (115.2) in NBA play.
- The Pelicans had a -93-point scoring differential last season (-1.3 per game). The Spurs were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-79 total points, -1.1 per game).
- Brandon Ingram averaged 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams collected 9.2 rebounds a game and Lonzo Ball dished out 7.0 assists per outing.
- Ball swiped 1.4 steals per game. Adams collected 1.1 blocks an outing.
- DeRozan put up 22.1 points per game last season while tacking on 5.6 assists.
- LaMarcus Aldridge pulled down 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Dejounte Murray collected 1.7 per game. Aldridge averaged 1.6 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from