The New Orleans Pelicans (10-12) are favorites as they attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Houston Rockets (11-12) on Tuesday, February 9 at Smoothie King Center. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET on TNT. The over/under in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of February 9, 2021, 6:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Rockets Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 9
Josh Hart: Day To Day (Back spasms)
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
Pelicans and Rockets Records ATS
- New Orleans is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 10-12
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Pelicans are 2-4 against the spread in 2020-21.
- New Orleans and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 59.1% of its games this season (13/22).
- Houston has a 10-12-1 record ATS this season.
- When they play as at least a 4.5-point underdog, the Rockets manage an even 3-3 record against the spread.
- 15 of Houston’s 23 games (65.2%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Christian Wood (27 points) led the Rockets over Zion Williamson (26 points) and the Pelicans 126-112 in their most recent matchup on January 30, 2021. The Pelicans were favored by 2 points in the game, but the Rockets covered the spread. The 238 total points in the matchup went over the 222.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Pelicans||Pelicans||-2||222.5||-130||108||Regular Season||126-112 HOU|
- In New Orleans’ matchups this season, the Pelicans and their opponents have exceeded Tuesday’s over/under of 220.5 points 14 times (63.6% of opportunities).
- In 10 out of Houston’s 23 games this season (43.5%), the competing teams scored more points than the over/under in Tuesday’s matchup.
- This season, the average total for Pelicans games is 223.9 points, 3.4 more than the over/under of 220.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.9 points separates this game’s over/under (220.5 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (219.6 points) this season.
- The Pelicans have an average implied point total of 113.5 this season, which is 0.5 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (113).
- New Orleans has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 11 times this season.
- The 114.7-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is 6.7 more points than the team’s 108-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has put up more than 108 points in 10 games on the season.
- The Pelicans are the NBA’s 16th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Rockets allow their opponents the seventh-fewest points per game (109.3) in the league.
- The Pelicans have a -17-point scoring differential on the season (-0.8 per game). The Rockets have out-scored opponents by 21 points on the season (one more per game).
- Brandon Ingram leads the Pelicans in points and assists. He puts up 23.9 points per game while also adding 4.7 assists.
- Ingram’s points prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 23.9.
- Steven Adams paces New Orleans with 9.7 rebounds per game.
- Adams’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 0.8 greater than his season average of 20.7.
- Lonzo Ball is the top three-point shooter for the Pelicans, hitting 2.7 per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- New Orleans’ blocks leader is Ingram, who collects 1.1 per game. Ball leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a contest.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- Wood is at the top of the Rockets scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 22.0 points per game and 10.2 rebounds per game this season.
- Wood’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 8.5 boards, 1.7 rebounds less than his season average of 10.2.
- The Houston leader in assists is John Wall with 6.0 assists per game.
- Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 28.5.
- Victor Oladipo makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, cashing in 2.8 treys per game.
- Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Oladipo (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.5 per game).
- Oladipo’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from