The Charlotte Hornets (3-5) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (4-4) as underdogs after Gordon Hayward scored 44 points in the Hornets’ 102-94 victory over the Hawks. The matchup airs on ESPN at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Hornets Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 8
Nicolo Melli: Day To Day (Personal),
JJ Redick: Day To Day (Knee)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Pelicans and Hornets Records ATS
- New Orleans is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 3-5
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Pelicans are 0-1 against the spread in 2020-21.
- New Orleans and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 3 of 8 games this season (37.5%).
- Charlotte holds a losing record ATS this season with three wins and five losses ATS.
- Six of Charlotte’s eight games (75%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Pelicans got a team-high 25 points from Brandon Ingram on the way to a 115-110 victory over Devonte’ Graham (24 points) and the Hornets in their most recent matchup on Saturday. The Pelicans were 2-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 225 total points to finish below the 231.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/9/2019||Pelicans||Hornets||-2||231.5||-128||107||Regular Season||115-110 NO|
|4/3/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-109 CHA|
|12/2/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-109 NO|
|3/13/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-115 NO|
|1/24/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-96 NO|
|3/11/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-122 NO|
|11/19/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|3/9/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-113 CHA|
|1/15/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-107 NO|
|1/7/2015||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-94 CHA|
- New Orleans’ games this year have gone over the point total for Friday’s matchup point total (217 points) in 700% of opportunities (56 out of eight matchups).
- In Charlotte’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Friday’s matchup over/under in four out of eight matchups (50%).
- On average, the over/under in Pelicans games is 5.1 points fewer than the over/under of 217 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 0.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (217 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (216.6 points) this season.
- The Pelicans have an average implied point total equal to their implied total in Friday’s game (112).
- So far this season, New Orleans has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (112) 46 times.
- The 115-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 10 more points than the team’s 105-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 105 points five times this season.
- The Pelicans are at the 24th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (106.8 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 13th-fewest points per game (110) in the league.
- The Pelicans have totaled only 13 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.7 per game), while the Hornets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 27 total points, -3.4 per game).
- The Pelicans points and assists leader is Ingram. He puts up 24.9 points per game and records 5.5 assists.
- Ingram’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 22.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 24.9.
- Steven Adams paces New Orleans with 9.1 rebounds per game.
- Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 9.5 rebounds, 0.4 rebounds higher than his season average of 9.1.
- Lonzo Ball hits 2.4 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Adams averages 1.6 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for New Orleans.
- Adams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- Hayward owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 21.9 points per game and also tacks on 5.6 rebounds and 4.4 assists per contest.
- Hayward’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 4.4 less than his season average of 31.9.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Bismack Biyombo (7.3 rebounds per game) and Graham (6.3 assists per game).
- Graham’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 8.1 greater than his season average of 19.4.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, hitting 3.4 threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- LaMelo Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and Miles Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- LaMelo Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from