The Orlando Magic (16-31) are big, underdogs against the New Orleans Pelicans (21-25) at Smoothie King Center on Thursday, April 1. The game begins at 8:00 PM ET on BSNO. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Magic Betting Odds
Pelicans vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 1
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Hip),
Zion Williamson: Day To Day (Thumb)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Gary Harris: Out (Thigh),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Karim Mane: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Pelicans and Magic Records ATS
- New Orleans is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 22-23
- The Pelicans have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 10.5 points, going 0-1 this season.
- 28 of 45 New Orleans games this season (62.2%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Orlando has outperformed the spread so far this season with a record of 24-22-1.
- 44.7% of Orlando’s 47 games this season have reached the over/under.
- In New Orleans’ matchups this season, the Pelicans and their opponents have gone over Thursday’s point total of 223 points 31 times (67.4% of opportunities).
- In 16 out of Orlando’s 47 games this season (34%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the over/under in Thursday’s matchup.
- On average, the Pelicans have seen a 230 over/under in their games this season, seven more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Magic’s games have an over/under of 214.9 points this season, 8.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
- The Pelicans’ average implied point total this season is 1.1 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (115.9 implied points on average compared to 117 implied points in this game).
- New Orleans has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (117) 19 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Magic (112) is six more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (106).
- This season, Orlando has scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 18 times.
- The Pelicans are at the fifth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (115.3 PPG), while the Magic allow the ninth-fewest points per game (110.6) in the league.
- The Pelicans have out-scored their opponents by a total of 29 points this season (0.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Magic have out-scored them by 299 more points on the year (6.3 per game).
- Zion Williamson leads the Pelicans scoring 26.4 points per game.
- Williamson’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 41.5, 4.5 higher than his season average of 37.0.
- Steven Adams paces New Orleans with 8.9 rebounds a game and Lonzo Ball leads the squad with 5.6 assists per matchup.
- Ball’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 24.5, 0.6 greater than his season average of 23.9.
- Ball connects on 3.0 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. James Johnson collects 0.8 blocks an outing to pace New Orleans.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- Terrence Ross outpaced his teammates on the Magic scoring front by putting up 15.9 points per game. He adds 3.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game this season.
- Ross’ points prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 6.6 points higher than his season average of 15.9.
- When it comes to Orlando leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Wendell Carter Jr. with 7.7 rebounds per game and Michael Carter-Williams with 4.4 assists per game.
- Carter’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 8.5 boards, 0.8 rebounds higher than his season average of 7.7.
- Ross is tops from three-point range for the Magic, hitting 2.2 threes per game.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 4.5, 2.3 shots higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Nobody on Orlando grabs more steals than Ross (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Mohamed Bamba (1.0 per game).
- Bamba’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 1.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from