The New England Patriots (6-9) bring a three-game losing streak into a matchup with the New York Jets (2-13) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Gillette Stadium. New England is favored by and the game’s over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 29, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots vs Jets Betting Odds
Patriots vs Jets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Patriots games have gone over 39.5 points on eight occasions this season (53.3% of matchups).
- In 11 (73.3%) games this season, the Jets have combined with their opponents to go over 39.5 points.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (35.2 points per game) is 4.3 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams combine to yield 51.2 points per game, which is 11.7 greater than the total for this matchup.
- Patriots games average 42.5 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- This season, Jets games have resulted in an average scoring total of 43.9, which is 4.4 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Patriots score the 28th-most points in the NFL this season, while the Jets’ offense racks up the 32nd-most.
- New York has surrendered the 27th-fewest points in NFL play this season, while New England has given up the 11th-fewest.
Patriots Betting Insights
- Five of New England’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (26.7% of its outings).
- New England has put together a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a split ATS record of 2-2 when favored by at least 3.5 points.
Jets Betting Insights
- Most of New York’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have not gone over the point total (60%).
- New York has put together a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
Patriots vs Jets: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/9/2020||Patriots||Jets||-9.50||42.50||-400||+330||433-322 NE||30-27 NE|
|10/21/2019||Patriots||Jets||-9.5||43||-420||+350||323-154 NE||33-0 NE|
|9/22/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-20.5||43||-1667||+1150||381-105 NE||30-14 NE|
When the Patriots Have the Ball
- The Patriots have averaged 8.7 fewer points per game this season (19.9) than the Jets have allowed (28.6).
- In games where New England score at least 19.9 points this season, they are 6-3 overall and 6-3 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 28.6 points or fewer this year, the Jets have accumulated a 2-4 overall record and a 3-3 record against the spread.
- The Patriots offense has averaged 322.1 total yards per game this season, 64.4 yards fewer than the 386.5 allowed by the Jets defense. The Patriots average 5.3 yards per play while the Jets allow 5.7 per play.
- When the New England offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 3-4 overall and 3-4 against the spread this season.
- When the New York defense allows less than their season average for total yards this season they are 3-5 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- The Patriots have averaged 145.3 yards per game on the ground this season, 36.9 yards more than the Jets have allowed to opposing rushing attacks (108.4).
- In games where the New England rushing attack puts together at least their season average, the Patriots are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When New York limits opposing teams to 108.4 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 3-3 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Patriots have turned the ball over 1.3 times per game this season, while the Jets have averaged 1.3 takeaways per contest.
- When New England turns the football over 1.3 times or fewer this season, they are 5-6 overall and 5-6 against the spread.
- New York is 2-4 against the spread and 1-5 overall this season when they force at least 1.3 turnovers in a game.
When the Jets Have the Ball
- The Jets put up 7.3 fewer points per game (15.3) than the Patriots allow (22.6).
- New York is 5-2 against the spread and 2-5 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 15.3 points.
- This season, New England has a 6-3 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 19.9 or fewer points.
- The Jets collect 78.8 fewer yards per game (275.2), than the Patriots allow per contest (354). On average, the Jets pick up 4.7 yards per play, while the Patriots allow 5.8 per play.
- New England has a 4-4 record ATS and a 4-4 record overall when holding its opponents to 354 yards or less.
- The Jets rush for 104.7 yards per game, 28.1 fewer per game than the 132.8 the Patriots allow per contest.
- New York has a 2-4 ATS record and a 1-5 overall record when the team runs for at least 104.7 yards.
- New England is 4-4 against the spread and 5-3 overall when holding opponents to 132.8 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Jets turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, 0.2 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.3 the Patriots force on average.
- New York is 4-6 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 or fewer times.
- This season, New England has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall when it forces at least 1.3 turnovers.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Cam Newton has thrown for 2,415 yards while completing 65.4% of his passes (221-of-338), with five touchdowns and 10 interceptions (161 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 126 times for 513 yards and 12 touchdowns, averaging 34.2 yards per game.
- Damien Harris has ran for a team-leading 691 yards on 137 attempts (69.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 10 games.
- Jakobi Meyers has hauled in 53 passes to lead the team with 661 yards. He has been targeted 74 times and averages 50.8 yards per game over 13 outings.
- Damiere Byrd’s statline this year shows 46 catches for 597 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 39.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 73 times.
- Over 13 games, James White has caught 45 passes on 55 targets for 344 yards, averaging 26.5 receiving yards per game.
- Chase Winovich has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added four TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception.
- Adrian Phillips has racked up 106 tackles, seven TFL, one sack, and two interceptions this season.
- J.C. Jackson has intercepted eight passes to lead the team while adding 37 tackles, one TFL, and 13 passes defended.
Jets Players to Watch
- This year, Sam Darnold has racked up 1,942 passing yards (176.5 yards per game) while going 194-for-330 (58.8% completion percentage) and throwing eight touchdowns and nine interceptions in 11 games. He has tacked on a 214 rushing yards on 36 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 19.5 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has taken 187 carries for a team-leading 653 rushing yards (43.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Lamical Perine has 231 rushing yards on 64 carries (23.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground over the course of 10 games.
- Jamison Crowder has been targeted 85 times and has 55 catches to lead the team with 668 yards (60.7 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns in 11 games this season.
- Breshad Perriman has also contributed with 27 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns over 11 games this year. He has been targeted 53 times and puts up 38.3 receiving yards per game.
- Braxton Berrios has caught 34 passes on 52 targets for 374 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 24.9 yards per game.
- Tarell Basham has notched a team-leading three sacks, while adding five TFL and 31 tackles.
- Neville Hewitt has collected 124 tackles, six TFL, and two sacks so far this season.
- Marcus Maye has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 79 tackles, three TFL, two sacks, and 11 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from