The New England Patriots (2-5) bring a four-game losing streak into a matchup with the New York Jets (0-8), losers of eight in a row, on Monday, November 9, 2020 at MetLife Stadium. New England is in the contest. The point total is set at for the outing.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 3, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots vs. Jets betting odds
- The points total average for Patriots games this season is 43.3, 1.8 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total for Jets games and the over/under for this matchup are the same.
- Patriots games have gone over 41.5 points on three occasions this season (42.9% of matchups).
- New York’s games have gone over 41.5 points on five occasions (62.5% of games).
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (31.2 points per game) is 10.3 fewer than the total for this contest.
- The Jets are the league’s 32nd-highest scoring team this season compared to the 29th-ranked Patriots.
- These two teams allow a combined 53.7 points per game, 12.2 higher than the total for this matchup.
- This outing features the NFL’s 28th-ranked (New York) and 12th-ranked (New England) scoring defenses.
Patriots Betting Insights
- Just four of New England’s seven games this year have gone over the point total (42.9% of its outings).
- New England has compiled a losing 3-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 7.0-point favorites.
Jets Betting Insights
- Most of New York’s games this year — five out of eight — have not gone over the point total (62.5%).
- New York has a losing 1-7 record against the spread.
Patriots vs Jets: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/21/2019||Patriots||Jets||-9.5||43||-420||+350||323-154 NE||33-0 NE|
|9/22/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-20.5||43||-1667||+1150||381-105 NE||30-14 NE|
When the Patriots Have the Ball
- The Patriots have averaged 10.4 fewer points per game this season (19.4) than the Jets have allowed (29.8).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, New England is 2-2 and 3-1 against the spread.
- New York is 0-3 overall and 1-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.8 points.
- The Jets defense has allowed an average of 398.9 yards per game in 2020, a total 47.2 yards more than the 351.7 the Patriots offense has averaged per contest. On average, the Patriots pick up 5.6 yards per play and the Jets allow 6.1.
- When the New England offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 2-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread this season.
- When the New York defense allows less than their season average for total yards this season they are 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Jets have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 116.1 yards per game in 2020 compared to the 159.7 yards the Patriots offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the New England rushing attack puts together at least their season average this season, the Patriots are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When New York limits opposing teams to 116.1 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- This season, the Jets have forced an average of 1.2 turnovers per game compared to the 2.1 times Patriots have turned the football over in each contest.
- When New England turns the football over 2.1 times or fewer this season, they are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- New York is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall this season when they force at least 1.2 turnovers in a game.
When the Jets Have the Ball
- The Jets rack up 12.1 fewer points per game (11.8) than the Patriots allow (23.9).
- When New York scores at least 11.8 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- New England has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall in games when it allows opponents to score 19.4 points or less.
- The Jets rack up 98.4 fewer yards per game (258.9), than the Patriots allow per contest (357.3). The Jets average 4.2 yards per play, while the Patriots allow 6.1 per play.
- New England’s record last season when they racked up at least their season average in total yards: 6-1 overall and 4-2-1 ATS.
- In games New England limits its opponents to 357.3 or fewer yards, it has a 2-2 record ATS and a 1-3 record overall.
- This season, the Jets pile up 103 yards per game on the ground, 37.4 fewer per game than the Patriots allow per outing (140.4).
- New York has a 0-5 ATS record and a 0-5 overall record when the team rushes for at least 103 yards.
- This season, New England is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when holding opponents to no more than 140.4 yards on the ground.
- This year, the Jets turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, just 0.8 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.9 the Patriots force on average.
- New York has a 0-5 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 times or less.
- When it forces 1.9 or more turnovers, New England has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Newton leads the team with 1,143 passing yards (163.3 yards per game) and has a 66% completion percentage this year (103-of-156) while throwing two touchdowns and seven interceptions in seven games. He also has 298 rushing yards on 59 carries with six touchdowns, averaging 42.6 yards per game.
- Harris has 279 yards on 49 carries (69.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of four games.
- Byrd has grabbed 21 passes to lead the team with 272 yards while scoring zero touchdowns. He has been targeted 32 times and averages 38.9 yards per game over seven outings.
- White has chipped in with 171 yards on 21 catches with zero touchdowns. He has been targeted 25 times and puts up 34.2 receiving yards per game over the course of five matchups this year.
- Over seven games in 2020, Burkhead has caught 16 passes on 22 targets for 141 yards and one touchdown, averaging 20.1 receiving yards per game.
- Winovich has collected a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles over seven games.
- In seven games over the 2020 campaign, Phillips has collected 45 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Jackson has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 19 tackles and eight passes defended seven in games this season.
Jets Players to Watch
- Darnold has thrown for 1,045 yards while completing 58.6% of his passes (112-of-191), with three touchdowns and six interceptions in six games this year (174.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 18 times for 138 yards and one touchdown, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- Gore has racked up a team-high 340 rushing yards (42.5 yards per game) and scored zero touchdowns in eight games.
- Perine has 149 yards on 41 carries (21.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of seven games.
- Berrios has been targeted 38 times and has 23 catches to lead the team with 210 yards (26.3 ypg) and scored two touchdowns in eight games this season.
- Smith’s statline this year shows 14 catches for 141 yards and zero touchdowns over the course of five games. He puts up 28.2 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 33 times.
- Herndon has caught 14 passes on 25 targets for 101 yards and zero touchdowns, averaging 12.6 yards per game in eight contests in 2020.
- Williams has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 7.0 TFL and 31 tackles over eight games.
- In eight games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Hewitt has collected 65 tackles and 1.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Desir leads the team with three interceptions and has added 43 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and seven passes defended eight in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from