The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 27, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Panthers games have gone over 49 points on three of seven occasions this season.
- Atlanta’s games have gone over 49 points on four of seven occasions.
- These two teams score a combined average of 49.4 points per game, higher than the total for this matchup by 0.4 points.
- These two teams yield a combined 53.6 points per game– 4.6 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Panthers games this season have posted an average total of 47.1, which is 1.9 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- This season, Falcons games have resulted in an average scoring total of 55.9, which is 6.9 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Panthers score the 25th-most points in the league this season, while the Falcons’ offense racks up the 13th-most.
- Carolina is the league’s 13th-ranked scoring defense while Atlanta is the 26th-ranked.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina has compiled a 4-3 record against the spread this season.
- Carolina has played in three games this year that went over the point total.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Four Atlanta’s seven games this year have gone over the point total.
- Atlanta has put together a losing 2-5 record against the spread this season.
Panthers vs Falcons: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/11/2020||Falcons||Falcons||-2.50||54.00||-130||+115||437-369 CAR||23-16 CAR|
|12/8/2019||Falcons||Falcons||-3.5||48||-190||+165||461-345 ATL||40-20 ATL|
|11/17/2019||Panthers||Panthers||-3.5||48.5||-190||+165||349-347 ATL||29-3 ATL|
When the Panthers Have the Ball
- The Panthers have averaged 6.5 fewer points per game this season (23.1) than the Falcons have allowed (29.6).
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Carolina is 1-2 and 2-1 against the spread.
- When the Atlanta defense allows 29.6 points or fewer this year, the Falcons have pieced together a 1-2 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- The Panthers offense has averaged 369.1 total yards per game this season– 56.8 yards fewer than the 425.9 allowed by the Falcons defense.
- The Panthers average 6 yards per play while the Falcons allow 6.6 per play.
- When the Carolina offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- When the Atlanta defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Falcons have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 92.4 yards per game, compared to the 105.3 yards the Panthers offense has averaged on the ground.
- When Carolina rushes for least 105.3 yards this season, they are 2-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
- When Atlanta limits opposing teams to 92.4 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- This season, the Falcons have forced an average of 1.1 turnovers per game compared to the 1.1 times Panthers have turned the football over in each contest.
- When Carolina turns the football over 1.1 times or fewer this season, they are 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- Atlanta’s record this season when they force more than 1.1 turnovers: 2-1 ATS, 1-2 overall
When the Falcons Have the Ball
- The Falcons average just 2.3 more points per game (26.3) than the Panthers give up (24).
- Atlanta is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall a season ago when the team records at least 26.3 points.
- Carolina has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games when it allows opponents to score 23.1 points or less.
- The Falcons rack up 49.8 more yards per game (400.4), than the Panthers allow per outing (350.6). The Falcons average 5.7 yards per play, while the Panthers give up 5.6 per play.
- Carolina has a 1-2 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 350.6 yards or less.
- The Falcons rush for 105.4 yards per game– 18.6 fewer per game than the 124 the Panthers allow per contest.
- When Atlanta rushes for at least 105.4 yards, it recorded a 1-2 ATS record and a 0-3 overall record.
- This season, Carolina is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when holding opponents to no more than 124 yards on the ground.
- This year, the Falcons turn the ball over 0.9 times per game– 0.5 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.4 the Panthers force on average.
- Atlanta has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall when it turns the ball over 0.9 times or less.
- When it forces 1.4 or more turnovers, Carolina has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall.
Panthers Players to Watch
- Teddy Bridgewater has thrown for 1,931 yards, eight touchdowns, and five interceptions while completing 71.9% of his passes this season (275.9 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 25 times for 131 yards and one touchdown, averaging 18.7 yards per game.
- Mike Davis has rushed for 284 yards on 71 carries (40.6 yards per game), while scoring two touchdowns in seven games. He also averages 33.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 37 passes for 233 yards and two touchdowns.
- In his first season with Carolina, Robby Anderson has 46 catches (61 targets) for 641 yards (91.6 per game) and one touchdown in seven games.
- D.J. Moore has 31 catches for 567 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 81 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 53 times.
- Brian Burns has registered a team-leading three sacks, while adding three TFL and 27 tackles over seven games.
- So far this year, Shaq Thompson has totaled 62 tackles and two TFL.
- Donte Jackson has two interceptions, 11 tackles, and five passes defended seven in games this season.
Falcons Players to Watch
- This year, Matt Ryan has recorded 2,181 passing yards (311.6 yards per game) while going 190-for-286 (66.4% completion percentage) and throwing 12 touchdowns and three interceptions in seven games.
- Todd Gurley II has churned out a team-high 485 rushing yards (69.3 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns in his first year with Atlanta.
- Brian Hill has added 164 rushing yards on 37 carries (23.4 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This season, Calvin Ridley has 40 catches (64 targets) for a team-high 615 yards (87.9 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Julio Jones has caught 31 passes for 447 yards and two touchdowns in five games. He averages 89.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 39 times.
- Russell Gage has racked up 343 yards on 31 passes with one touchdown, averaging 49 yards per game on 43 targets in seven contests.
- Grady Jarrett has 2.5 sacks, four TFL, and 23 tackles over seven games.
- So far this year, Foyesade Oluokun has totaled 49 tackles, two TFL, and one interception.
- This season, Blidi Wreh-Wilson has one interception and two passes defended seven in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from