The latest betting odds for Game 1 of the NHL Playoffs First Round show the Florida Panthers listed atto win on the moneyline. The Washington Capitals are currently to come out on top for this contest on Tuesday. The over/under for this contest is set at .
The insights in the article below reflect odds as of May 3, 2022 at 6:12 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook $1,100 Bonus Make your first bet and you’ll get a free bet back if it loses for up to $1,100. Promo Code: LEGALCZR
Panthers Vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Panthers Vs. Capitals Player Props
Injury Report as of May 3
Panthers: Aaron Ekblad: Probable (Lower Body), Radko Gudas: Probable (Lower Body), Jonathan Huberdeau: Probable (Undisclosed), Mason Marchment: Probable (Undisclosed), Markus Nutivaara: Out (Lower Body)
Capitals: Alex Ovechkin: Probable (Upper Body), Carl Hagelin: Out (Face), Joe Snively: Out (Wrist)
|Panthers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Capitals Defense|
|4.12 (1)||Goals/Game||2.96 (13)|
|37.2 (1)||Shots/Game||29.0 (6)|
|11.1% (4)||Shooting %||10.2% (23)|
|11.0 (31)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||6.7 (18)|
|Capitals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Panthers Defense|
|3.30 (10)||Goals/Game||2.95 (12)|
|31.3 (14)||Shots/Game||30.6 (10)|
|10.5% (9)||Shooting %||9.6% (14)|
|7.4 (10)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||9.7 (1)|
Panthers And Capitals Betting Trends
- The Panthers have won 56 of their 75 games when favored on the moneyline this season (74.7%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -255 or shorter, Florida has a 20-3 record (winning 87.0% of its games).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Panthers’ implied win probability is 71.8%.
- The Capitals have been an underdog in 26 games this season, and won 14 (53.8%).
- Washington has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +205.
- The Capitals have a 32.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Head to Head
In the last meeting between these squads, Florida earned a 5-4 win. The Panthers were led by Joe Thornton (one goal) and Sam Reinhart (one goal). Lars Eller’s one goal and Beck Malenstyn’s one goal were among the top showings for the Capitals.
- A leading offensive player this season for Florida, Jonathan Huberdeau has put up 114 points.
- Aleksander Barkov Jr. has 39 goals and 49 assists for Florida to compile 88 total points (1.3 per game).
- With 84 points through 78 games (33 goals and 51 assists), Reinhart has been an important part of Florida’s offense this season.
- In the 54 games Sergei Bobrovsky has played this season, his save percentage is .912, 23rd in the league.
- Alex Ovechkin has recorded 50 goals and 41 assists in 77 games for Washington, good for 91 points.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov has helped lead the attack for Washington this season with 24 goals and 54 assists.
- John Carlson has posted 17 goals on the season, adding 54 assists.
- Ilya Samsonov has an .896 save percentage (49th in the league), with 1025 total saves, giving up 119 goals (3.0 goals against average). He has put together a 22-12-1 record this season.