The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 8, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers vs Lions Betting Odds
Packers vs Lions Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Packers games average 56.5 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- Lions games average 53.7 total points, 1.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Packers games have gone over 55.5 points on five occasions this season (41.7% of matchups).
- In six (50%) games this season, the Lions have combined with their opponents to go over 55.5 points.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (55.4 points per game) is 0.1 fewer than the total for this contest.
- The Lions are the league’s 19th-highest scoring team this season compared to the top-ranked Packers.
- The over/under for this game is set at 55.5 points, 0.8 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average.
- Detroit has surrendered the 31st-fewest points in the league this season, while Green Bay has given up the 15th-fewest.
Packers Betting Insights
- Green Bay has compiled an 8-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Packers are 2-1 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- Most of Green Bay’s games this year — seven out of 12 — have gone over the point total (58.3%).
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit has a losing 5-7 record against the spread.
- Eight Detroit’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (66.7% of its opportunities).
Packers vs Lions: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/20/2020||Packers||Packers||-6.50||50.50||-286||+245||488-307 GB||42-21 GB|
|12/29/2019||Packers||Lions||-13.5||44||-770||+600||432-305 GB||23-20 GB|
|10/14/2019||Packers||Packers||-3.5||47||-182||+160||447-299 GB||23-22 GB|
When the Packers Have the Ball
- The Packers average points scored this season (31.6) and the Lions points allowed (29.8) are within 1.8 points of each other.
- In games where Green Bay score at least 31.6 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Detroit is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.8 points.
- The Lions defense has allowed an average of 395.6 yards per game this season, just one yard fewer than the 396.6 the Packers offense has averaged.
- The Packers pick up 6.3 yards per play while the Lions allow 6 per play.
- When the Green Bay offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season.
- When Detroit allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 4-5 against the spread and 4-5 overall this season.
- The Lions defense has given up an average of 133.9 yards per game to opposing running games this season. That total is about the same as the rushing output per contest for the Packers (124.2).
- When Green Bay rushers gain at least a combined 124.2 yards this season, they are 4-0 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- When Detroit holds opposing teams to 133.9 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- This season, the Lions have forced an average of one turnover per game compared to the 0.8 times Packers have turned the football over in each contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, Green Bay is 8-0 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- Detroit is 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall this season when they force at least one turnover in a game.
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions put up 23.8 points per game, comparable to the 24.9 per outing the Packers surrender.
- When Detroit records at least 23.8 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- This season, Green Bay has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 31.6 or fewer points.
- The Lions rack up 17.1 more yards per game (356.4), than the Packers give up per outing (339.3). The Lions average 5.6 yards per play, while the Packers give up 5.6 per play.
- Green Bay has a 4-3 record ATS and a 5-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 339.3 yards or less.
- This season, the Lions pile up 93.6 rushing yards per game, 21.1 fewer per game than the Packers allow per outing (114.7).
- When Detroit runs for at least 93.6 yards, it had a 2-3 ATS record and a 2-3 overall record.
- Green Bay is 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when holding opponents to 114.7 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Lions turn the ball over 1.2 times per game, 0.1 more turnovers per game than the 1.1 the Packers force on average.
- Detroit is 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
- This season, Green Bay has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when it forces at least 1.1 turnovers.
Packers Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 3,395 yards while completing 68.9% of his passes (286-of-415), with 36 touchdowns and four interceptions (282.9 yards per game).
- Aaron Jones has taken 145 carries for 754 rushing yards (75.4 yards per game) and seven touchdowns in 10 games. He’s also caught 36 passes for 279 yards (27.9 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Jamaal Williams has 435 yards on 103 carries (36.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. He also has 29 catches for 222 yards (18.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
- This season, Davante Adams has 84 catches (on 111 targets) for 1,029 yards (102.9 per game) and 13 touchdowns in 10 games.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling’s statline this year shows 25 grabs for 518 yards and four touchdowns. He averages 43.2 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 53 times.
- Robert Tonyan has caught 41 passes on 47 targets for 497 yards and eight touchdowns, averaging 41.4 yards per game.
- Za’Darius Smith has 10.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 11 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Christian Kirksey has racked up 57 tackles and one interception so far this season.
- Darnell Savage Jr. has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 46 tackles, one TFL, and eight passes defended.
Lions Players to Watch
- This year, Matthew Stafford has recorded 3,278 passing yards (273.2 yards per game) while going 271-for-428 (63.3% completion percentage) and throwing 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions.
- Adrian Peterson has taken 135 carries for 501 rushing yards (41.8 yards per game) and six touchdowns.
- Kerryon Johnson has 178 rushing yards on 50 carries (14.8 yards per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has been targeted 81 times and has 51 catches to lead the team with 619 yards (51.6 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson has also contributed with 52 catches for 614 yards and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 77 times and puts up 51.2 receiving yards per game.
- Danny Amendola has caught 31 passes on 49 targets for 473 yards, averaging 47.3 yards per game.
- Romeo Okwara has notched a team-leading seven sacks, while adding eight TFL and 36 tackles.
- Jamie Collins Sr. has collected 92 tackles, five TFL, one sack, and one interception this season.
- This season, Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions and has added 44 tackles and four passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from