The Green Bay Packers (0-0) meet the New Orleans Saints (0-0) in Week 1. The Saints, on the moneyline to win, play host to the Packers, listed at on the spread, on September 12, 2021 at 4:25 PM ET on FOX. The game’s over/under is currently listed at .
Before making a bet on this game, read this article to find the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, weather, injuries, and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 12, 2021, 6:13 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers Vs. Saints Betting Odds
Packers Vs. Saints Player Props
Packers Vs. Saints Weather
Caesars Superdome is enclosed, so weather will not be a factor.
Packers Vs. Saints Injury Report
Green Bay Injuries
|David Bakhtiari||OT||Knee (acl)||Out|
|Jake Hanson||C||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Isaiah McDuffie||LB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Shemar Jean-Charles||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jack Heflin||DL||Gameday Inactive||Out|
New Orleans Injuries
|Chase Hansen||ILB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jordan Miller||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Ian Book||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Payton Turner||DE||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Adam Prentice||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Keith Washington Jr.||CB||Wrist||Out|
|Wil Lutz||K||Core Muscle||Out|
Packers Offense Vs. Saints Defense (2020)
|Packers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Saints Defense|
|31.8 (1)||Points/Gm||21.1 (5)|
|0.51 (1)||Points/Play||0.34 (6)|
|389.0 (5)||Yards/Gm||310.9 (4)|
|268.7 (11)||Pass Yards/Gm||234.9 (7)|
|132.4 (8)||Rush Yards/Gm||93.9 (4)|
|6.3 (2)||Yards/Play||5.0 (4)|
|8.2 (3)||Yards/Pass||6.7 (6)|
|4.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||3.9 (4)|
|49.4% (2)||3rd Down %||38.2% (9)|
|80.0% (1)||Red Zone %||68.0% (29)|
|11 (1)||Turnovers||26 (3)|
|21 (2)||Sacks||44 (8)|
Saints Offense Vs. Packers Defense (2020)
|Saints Offense||Stats (Rank)||Packers Defense|
|30.1 (5)||Points/Gm||23.1 (13)|
|0.46 (6)||Points/Play||0.38 (16)|
|376.6 (12)||Yards/Gm||334.0 (9)|
|246.6 (20)||Pass Yards/Gm||237.1 (8)|
|141.7 (6)||Rush Yards/Gm||112.8 (13)|
|5.8 (11)||Yards/Play||5.5 (12)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (12)|
|4.6 (10)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|44.7% (8)||3rd Down %||39.5% (10)|
|72.1% (5)||Red Zone %||57.7% (8)|
|17 (7)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|29 (11)||Sacks||41 (10)|
When The Packers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Packers’ offense was the best in the NFL last year with an 80.0% red-zone percentage. The Saints’ defense was 29th with a 68.0% opponent red-zone rate.
- Green Bay converted 49.4% of its third downs last year (second in the league), while New Orleans’ defense ranked ninth in that category (38.2%)
- The Packers were No. 2 in the league in sacks allowed last season (21), facing the pass rush ranked eighth, the Saints’ (44).
- Green Bay’s offense averaged 0.51 points per play last year (first in the NFL) compared to the 0.34 per play New Orleans’ defense allowed (sixth in the league).
When The Saints Have The Ball (2020)
- The Saints’ offense was seventh-ranked in the league in terms of turnovers allowed last year (17), and are facing the 25th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Packers (18).
- New Orleans averaged 246.6 passing yards per game last year (20th in the NFL). It will be facing the Packers’ defense that ranked eighth a season ago, allowing 237.1 yards per game through the air.
- The Saints’ offense averaged 0.46 points per play last year (sixth in NFL) compared to the 0.38 the Packers’ defense allowed (16th).
- New Orleans’ fifth-ranked scoring offense averaged 30.1 points per game last season. Green Bay had the 13th-ranked scoring defense (23.1 ppg).
Packers Betting Trends And Insights
- Green Bay put together a 10-6-0 record against the spread last season.
- When playing as at least 3.5-point favorites last season, the Packers had an ATS record of 8-5.
- Green Bay and its opponents combined to hit the over nine out of 16 times last season.
- In 13 games last season, Green Bay and its opponents went over 48.5 total points.
- The Packers finished with an 11-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 84.6% of those games).
Saints Betting Trends And Insights
- New Orleans put together a 9-7-0 ATS record last year.
- In New Orleans’ games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total 10 times.
- New Orleans played 10 games last season that finished with a combined score higher than 48.5 points.
- The Saints split the two games they played as underdogs last season.
Packers Players To Watch
- Aaron Rodgers threw for 4,299 yards last season (268.7 yards per game) while completing 70.7% of his passes (372-of-526), with 48 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Aaron Jones took 201 carries for 1,104 rushing yards a season ago (69.0 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns. He also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last season A.J. Dillon rushed for 242 yards on 46 carries (15.1 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Davante Adams reeled in 115 passes for 1,374 yards last season while scoring 18 touchdowns. He was targeted 148 times and averaged 85.9 yards per game.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling also tacked on 690 yards on 33 catches and six touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times and put up 43.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Robert Tonyan racked up 586 yards on 52 catches with 11 touchdowns last year, averaging 36.6 yards per game on 59 targets.
- Last season, Za’Darius Smith piled up 12.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL and 69 tackles.
- De’Vondre Campbell collected 129 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks over the course of his last campaign.
- Darnell Savage Jr. intercepted four passes and tacked on 94 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended last season.
Saints Players To Watch
- Taysom Hill recorded 928 passing yards (58.0 yards per game) with a 72.7% completion percentage last year (88-of-121), while throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions. He also tacked on 457 rushing yards on 87 carries with eight touchdowns, averaging 28.6 yards per game.
- Alvin Kamara rushed for 932 yards on 187 attempts (58.3 yards per game) while scoring 16 touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 47.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 83 passes for 756 yards and five touchdowns.
- Marquez Callaway added 213 yards on 21 grabs. He was targeted 27 times and put up 16.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Deonte Harris caught 20 passes on 25 targets for 186 yards and one touchdown, averaging 14.3 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Cameron Jordan racked up 7.5 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 68 tackles.
- Over his 2020 campaign, Demario Davis racked up 165 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks.
- Jeff Heath intercepted three passes and tacked on 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended last season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from