The NFC Divisional round features a matchup between the Green Bay Packers and the San Francisco 49ers. The Packers ( ) start the action on January 22, 2022 at 8:15 PM ET on FOX against the 49ers ( on the moneyline to win). The point total for the game is set at points.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury updates, and weather conditions, while also updating you with the best odds available.
This article references betting data updated as of January 22, 2022 at 8:13 PM ET. See all the up-to-date odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Packers Vs. 49ers Betting Odds
Packers Vs. 49ers Player Props
Packers Vs. 49ers Betting Angles
Packers Vs. 49ers Weather
Dry conditions (overcast clouds) and 8 mph winds are expected at Lambeau Field on Saturday (as of 8:13 PM on January 22), with a high temperature of 13 degrees Fahrenheit.
Packers Vs. 49ers Injury Report
Green Bay Injuries
|La’Darius Hamilton||OLB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jake Hanson||C||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|David Bakhtiari||OT||Knee (acl)||Out|
|Shemar Jean-Charles||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jack Heflin||DL||Gameday Inactive||Out|
San Francisco Injuries
|Jeff Wilson Jr.||RB||Knee||Out|
|Jason Verrett||CB||Torn Acl||Out|
Packers Offense Vs. 49ers Defense
|Packers Offense||Stats (Rank)||49ers Defense|
|26.5 (9)||Points/Gm||21.5 (9)|
|0.42 (7)||Points/Play||0.35 (11)|
|365.6 (10)||Yards/Gm||310.0 (3)|
|266.2 (9)||Pass Yards/Gm||227.9 (7)|
|111.8 (18)||Rush Yards/Gm||103.5 (7)|
|5.8 (8)||Yards/Play||5.1 (3)|
|7.6 (9)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (15)|
|4.3 (15)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (5)|
|43.6% (8)||3rd Down %||40.0% (17)|
|58.6% (19)||Red Zone %||56.7% (15)|
|13 (1)||Turnovers||20 (19)|
|33 (12)||Sacks||48 (5)|
49ers Offense Vs. Packers Defense
|49ers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Packers Defense|
|25.1 (13)||Points/Gm||21.8 (13)|
|0.41 (11)||Points/Play||0.36 (16)|
|375.7 (7)||Yards/Gm||328.2 (9)|
|261.0 (12)||Pass Yards/Gm||236.5 (13)|
|127.4 (7)||Rush Yards/Gm||109.1 (10)|
|6.1 (1)||Yards/Play||5.4 (15)|
|8.6 (2)||Yards/Pass||6.7 (7)|
|4.3 (15)||Yards/Rush||4.7 (29)|
|40.2% (14)||3rd Down %||42.9% (23)|
|66.7% (1)||Red Zone %||66.0% (28)|
|24 (20)||Turnovers||26 (8)|
|32 (10)||Sacks||38 (16)|
When The Packers Have The Ball
- The Packers offense is first-ranked in the league in terms of turnovers allowed (13), and are up against the 19th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the 49ers (20).
- Green Bay has the 18th-ranked rushing offense in the NFL (111.8 yards per game). It takes on San Francisco’s seventh-ranked rushing defense, which allows 103.5 on the ground.
- The Packers average 4.3 yards per carry (15th in the league) compared to the 4.0 per attempt the 49ers allow (fifth in the NFL).
- Green Bay converts 43.6% of its third downs (eighth in the league), while San Francisco’s defense ranks 17th in that category (40.0%)
When The 49ers Have The Ball
- The 49ers offense is the best in the NFL with a 66.7% red-zone percentage. The Packers’ defense ranks 28th with a 66.0% opponent red zone rate.
- San Francisco averages 4.3 yards per rushing attempt (15th in the NFL), while Green Bay allows 4.7 per carry (29th in the league).
- The 49ers’ offense averages 6.1 yards per play (first in the league). The Packers’ defense gives up 5.4 (15th).
- San Francisco ranks 20th in the league, committing 24 turnovers this season, while Green Bay is eighth with 26 turnovers forced.
Packers Betting Trends And Insights
- Green Bay has won 12 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover five times.
- The Packers have been favored by 5.5 points or more eight times this season, and covered the spread in six of those matchups.
- So far this season, eight out of Green Bay’s 17 games have hit the over.
- Green Bay and its opponents have gone over 47 combined points in nine of 17 games this season.
- The Packers have put together a 10-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 76.9% of those games).
49ers Betting Trends And Insights
- San Francisco has covered nine times in 17 matchups with a spread this year.
- The 49ers have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the point total eight out of 17 times this year.
- San Francisco’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 47 points in 10 of 18 outings.
- The 49ers have won two of the three games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Packers Players To Watch
- This season Aaron Rodgers has 4,115 passing yards (242.1 yards per game) while going 366-for-531 (68.9%) and connecting on 37 touchdowns with four interceptions.
- A.J. Dillon has rushed for a team-leading 803 yards (47.2 per game) and five touchdowns. He also has 313 receiving yards on 34 catches and two touchdowns.
- So far this year Aaron Jones has run for 799 yards (47.0 per game), with four touchdowns. Jones also helps out in the passing game, catching 52 passes for 391 and six touchdowns.
- Davante Adams has 123 catches (169 targets) and paces his team with 1,553 receiving yards (91.4 ypg) and 11 touchdowns.
- Allen Lazard has 40 catches for 513 yards (30.2 per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling has caught 26 passes for 430 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 35.8 yards per game.
- This season Rashan Gary leads the team with 9.5 sacks and has added 8.0 TFL and 46 tackles.
- This season De’Vondre Campbell has racked up 145 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two interceptions, leading his team in tackles.
- Rasul Douglas has intercepted five passes to lead the team while adding 57 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended.
49ers Players To Watch
- This season, Jimmy Garoppolo has collected 3,810 passing yards (224.1 per game) while completing 301 of 441 passes (68.3%), with 20 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- Elijah Mitchell has churned out a team-high 963 rushing yards (56.6 per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Deebo Samuel has run for 365 yards on 59 carries (21.5 yards per game), with eight rushing touchdowns. Samuel also figures heavily in the passing game, catching 77 passes for a team-high 1,405 (82.6 per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- George Kittle has been targeted 94 times, and tacked on 910 yards (on 71 catches) and six touchdowns.
- Brandon Aiyuk is averaging 48.6 receiving yards per game, racking up 56 receptions (84 targets) for 826 yards and five touchdowns.
- Nick Bosa has registered a team-leading 15.5 sacks, while adding 21.0 TFL and 52 tackles.
- Fred Warner has totaled 138 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Jimmie Ward leads the team with two interceptions and has added 77 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and six passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from