The Indiana Pacers (6-2) host the Phoenix Suns (6-3) as 3.5-point favorites after Malcolm Brogdon scored 35 points in the Pacers’ 114-107 victory over the Rockets. The matchup airs on FS-IN at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The over/under is set at 216 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pacers vs Suns Betting Odds
Pacers vs Suns Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Jalen Lecque: Out (Left Ankle),
Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee),
T.J. Warren: Out (Foot),
Doug McDermott: Day To Day (Ankle),
Goga Bitadze: Out (Right ankle),
Brian Bowen II: Out (Groin)
Jalen Smith: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Pacers and Suns Records ATS
- Indiana is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 6-2.
- The Pacers are 3-1 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 3.5-point favorite.
- 4 of 8 Indiana games this season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 6-3 record ATS this season, Phoenix has outplayed expectations ATS this season.
- When they play as at least a 3.5-point underdog, the Suns tend to have trouble covering with only a 0-2 record against the spread.
- 22.2% of Phoenix’s 9 games this season have topped the over/under.
Head to Head
The Suns took down the Pacers 114-99 in the last meeting between the two teams on Thursday. Deandre Ayton scored 23 points to lead the Suns, and Brogdon scored 25 points for the Pacers. The Suns covered the spread as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 227.5-point over/under after combining to score 213.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/6/2020||Pacers||Suns||-1.5||227.5||-121||101||Regular Season||114-99 PHO*|
|1/22/2020||Pacers||Suns||-1||221.5||-116||-104||Regular Season||112-87 IND*|
|1/15/2019||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-97 IND|
|11/27/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-104 IND|
|1/24/2018||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-101 IND|
|1/14/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-97 IND|
|12/7/2016||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-94 IND|
|11/18/2016||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-96 PHO|
|1/19/2016||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-94 IND|
|1/12/2016||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-97 IND|
Suns: Kelly Oubre Jr., Aron Baynes
Suns: Aron Baynes
- In Indiana’s matchups this season, the Pacers and their opponents have exceeded Saturday’s point total of 216 points 38 times (475% of opportunities).
- In Phoenix’s games this season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Saturday’s matchup point total in three out of nine matchups (33.3%).
- This season, the average total for Pacers games is 222.8 points, 6.8 more than the over/under of 216 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.6 points more than the average over/under in Suns’ games this season (212.4 points).
- The Pacers have an average implied point total of 112.2 this season, which is 2.2 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (110).
- This season, Indiana has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (110) 41 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Suns (112.7) is 6.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (106).
- Phoenix has scored more than 106 points seven times this season.
- The Pacers are the league’s eighth-highest scoring team (114.8 PPG), while the Suns allow the fewest points per game (103.2) in NBA action.
- The Pacers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 54 points this season (6.8 points per game on average), and the Suns have put up 54 more points than their opponents on the year (six per game).
- Brogdon leads the Pacers in scoring (23.6 points per game) and assisting (7.0 assists per game).
- Brogdon’s points prop total for the contest is set at 17.5, 6.1 points less than his season average of 23.6.
- Indiana is led in rebounds by Domantas Sabonis’ 11.4 per game.
- Sabonis’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 35.5, 3.0 less than his season average of 38.5.
- Brogdon is the top three-point shooter for the Pacers, knocking down 3.1 per game.
- Brogdon’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Brogdon leads the team with 2.0 steals per game. Myles Turner collects 4.1 blocks an outing to pace Indiana.
- Brogdon’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 1.5 steals lower than his season average of 2.0.
- Devin Booker outpaced his teammates on the Suns scoring front by putting up 21.7 points per game. He adds 3.3 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game this season.
- Booker’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 2.8 points greater than his season average of 21.7.
- When it comes to Phoenix leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Ayton with 11.4 rebounds per game and Chris Paul with 8.3 assists per game.
- Paul’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 26.5, 0.3 higher than his season average of 26.2.
- Jae Crowder leads the Suns in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Crowder’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Booker is at the top of Phoenix’s steals hierarchy with 1.0 steals per game and Mikal Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Bridges’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.8 blocks lower than his season average of 1.3.
The model projects the Pacers to win, just as FanDuel does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (5.3 to 3.5).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from