The Indiana Pacers (5-2) take the court against the Houston Rockets (2-3) as against the spread on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on FS-IN. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 5, 2021, 6:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pacers vs Rockets Betting Odds
Pacers vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 6
Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee),
T.J. Warren: Out (Foot),
Goga Bitadze: Out (Right ankle),
Brian Bowen II: Out (Groin)
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Day To Day (Back),
Mason Jones: Day To Day (Right Ankle)
Pacers and Rockets Records ATS
- Indiana is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 5-1.
- The Pacers have a winning record against the spread when favored by 2 points or more, going 2-1 this season.
- 7 of 7 Indiana games this season (100%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Houston has topped the spread so far this season with a record of 3-2.
- For the third time this season, the Rockets are at least a 2-point underdog, where they have a record of 1-1 against the spread.
- Five of Houston’s five games (100%) this season have covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Pacers defeated the Rockets 108-104 in the last meeting between the teams on Wednesday. James Harden scored 45 points to lead the Rockets, and Myles Turner scored 18 points for the Pacers. The Pacers covered the spread as 7-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 233-point over/under after combining to score 212.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/12/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-7||233||-278||226||Regular Season||108-104 IND*|
|11/15/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-6.5||226||-251||204||Regular Season||111-102 HOU*|
|11/11/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-103 HOU|
|11/5/2018||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-94 HOU|
|11/29/2017||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-97 HOU|
|11/12/2017||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-95 HOU|
|2/27/2017||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-108 IND|
|1/29/2017||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-101 IND|
|3/27/2016||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 IND|
|1/10/2016||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-103 HOU|
- 8/12/2020 DNP – Pacers: TJ Warren, Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb; Rockets: Russell Westbrook
- 11/15/2019 DNP – Pacers: Victor Oladipo, Jeremy Lamb; Rockets: Eric Gordon, Clint Capela
- In Indiana’s matchups this season, the Pacers and their opponents have gone over Wednesday’s point total of 227 points 21 times (300% of opportunities).
- In three out of Houston’s five games this season (60%), the competing teams combined for more points than the point total in Wednesday’s matchup.
- The Pacers have seen a 223 average over/under in their games this season, four points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Rockets’ games this season (227.8 points).
- The Pacers’ average implied point total this season is 82.9 fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (32.1 implied points on average compared to 115 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Indiana has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (115) 29 times.
- The 36.2-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is 76.8 fewer points than the team’s 113-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has scored more than 113 points two times this season.
- The Pacers are the league’s seventh-highest scoring team (114.9 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (115.6) in NBA play.
- The Pacers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 47 points this season (6.8 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by only 17 more points on the year (3.4 per game).
- Malcolm Brogdon leads the Pacers in scoring (22.0 points per game) and assisting (7.0 assists per game).
- Brogdon’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 5.8 lower than his season average of 33.3.
- Indiana’s rebounding leader is Domantas Sabonis, who averages 11.3 per game.
- Sabonis’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 35.5, 3.1 less than his season average of 38.6.
- The Pacers are led by Victor Oladipo from long distance. He knocks down 3.3 shots from deep per game.
- Oladipo’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 3.3.
- Indiana’s blocks leader is Turner, who collects 3.6 per game. Brogdon leads the team averaging 1.9 steals an outing.
- Brogdon’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.4 steals lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Christian Wood has shown out this season to lead the Rockets in points (23.6 per game), rebounds (10.0 per game), and assists (1.6 per game).
- Wood’s rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 7.5 boards, 2.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.0.
- Sterling Brown is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, knocking down 2.0 threes per game.
- Brown’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 1.5 shots less than his season average of 2.0.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than PJ Tucker (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (2.0 per game).
- Tucker’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from