The Indiana Pacers (3-0) look to extend a three-game win streak when they host the Boston Celtics (1-2) at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The contest airs on NBCS-BOS. The over/under in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pacers vs Celtics Betting Odds
Pacers vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 29
Pacers: Victor Oladipo: Day To Day (Injury management), Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee), Edmond Sumner: Day To Day (Illness), Goga Bitadze: Out (Right ankle), Brian Bowen II: Out (Groin)
Celtics: Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist), Tacko Fall: Out (Eye), Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Pacers and Celtics Records ATS
- Indiana compiled a 38-36-3 record against the spread last season.
- The Pacers were 25-21-2 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 1-point favorite.
- In 50.6% of its games last season (39/77), Indiana and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Boston outpaced the spread last season with a record of 50-34-5.
- The Celtics were at least a 1-point underdog 65th times last season, where they had a record of 33-27-4 against the spread.
- Half of Boston’s 89 games last season reached the over/under.
Head to Head
The Pacers took down the Celtics 108-107 in the last meeting between the two teams on Sunday. Jayson Tatum scored 25 points to lead the Celtics, and Malcolm Brogdon scored 25 points for the Pacers. The Pacers covered the spread as 3-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 220.5-point over/under after combining to score 215.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/27/2020||Celtics||Pacers||-3||220.5||-144||121||Regular Season||108-107 IND|
|3/10/2020||Celtics||Pacers||-3||214.5||-147||124||Regular Season||114-111 BOS*|
|12/11/2019||Pacers||Pacers||-1.5||211||-121||102||Regular Season||122-117 IND*|
|4/5/2019||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-97 BOS|
|3/29/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-112 BOS|
|1/9/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||135-108 BOS|
- 3/10/2020 DNP – Pacers: Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb; Celtics: Jaylen Brown
- 12/11/2019 DNP – Pacers: Victor Oladipo; Celtics: Marcus Smart
- Indiana’s games last year resulted in a higher total score than Tuesday’s matchup total (220.5 points) in 32 out of 77 opportunities (41.6% of matchups).
- In Boston’s games last season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Tuesday’s matchup total in 39 out of 89 matchups (43.8%).
- On average, the over/under in Pacers games last season was 3.8 points fewer than the over/under of 220.5 points in this matchup.
- Celtics’ games have an over/under of 219.6 points last season, 0.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Pacers last season was 110.5 points, 0.5 fewer points than their implied total of 111 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Last season, Indiana scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (111) 39 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Celtics (111.6) is 2.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- Last season, Boston scored more than this game’s implied total of 109 points 62 times.
- Last season, the Pacers were at the 23rd spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (109 PPG), while the Celtics allowed the second-fewest points per game (106.8) in the league.
- The Pacers scored a total of 101 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 1.3 per game), and the Celtics out-scored opponents by 539 points on the season (six more per game).
- TJ Warren averaged 19.8 points per game last season.
- Brogdon collected 7.1 assists a game and Domantas Sabonis grabbed 12.4 rebounds per contest.
- Justin Holiday grabbed 1.2 steals per game. Myles Turner collected 2.1 blocks an outing.
- Tatum put up 23.4 points per game last season.
- Tristan Thompson collected 10.1 rebounds a game and Jeff Teague dished out 6.1 assists per contest.
- Marcus Smart averaged 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Theis collected 1.3 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from