The No. 2 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) hit the field against the Tulane Green Wave (0-0) in college football play at Yulman Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Sooners () take to the road against the Green Wave ( on the moneyline to win) on September 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET on ABC. The game’s point total is currently set at .
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and surface what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Oklahoma Vs. Tulane Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Oklahoma Offense Vs. Tulane Defense (2020)
|Oklahoma Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulane Defense|
|43.0 (6)||Points/Gm||28.1 (57)|
|494.7 (11)||Yards/Gm||422.0 (77)|
|315.0 (14)||Pass Yards/Gm||278.7 (115)|
|179.7 (49)||Rush Yards/Gm||143.3 (42)|
|9.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||8.5 (110)|
|4.7 (41)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (15)|
|40.1% (62)||3rd Down %||40.0% (61)|
|14 (72)||Turnovers||19 (18)|
|23 (91)||Sacks||37 (3)|
Tulane Offense Vs. Oklahoma Defense (2020)
|Tulane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Oklahoma Defense|
|34.7 (22)||Points/Gm||21.7 (28)|
|394.0 (63)||Yards/Gm||351.5 (30)|
|176.7 (109)||Pass Yards/Gm||245.5 (82)|
|217.3 (17)||Rush Yards/Gm||106.0 (9)|
|6.8 (86)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (21)|
|5.1 (22)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (20)|
|33.8% (104)||3rd Down %||27.9% (4)|
|14 (72)||Turnovers||19 (18)|
|34 (121)||Sacks||37 (3)|
When Oklahoma Has The Ball
- The Sooners averaged 9.6 yards per pass attempt last year (eighth in the FBS), and the Green Wave allowed 8.5 per pass (110th).
- Oklahoma had one of college football’s best passing offenses last season, a 14th-ranked unit that picked up 315.0 yards per game. It will be up against the No. 115 defense in that category from a year ago, owned by Tulane (278.7).
- The Sooners were 91st-ranked in college football in sacks conceded last season (23), and are playing the team ranked third in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, the Green Wave (37).
- Oklahoma’s offense ranked 11th in the FBS in yards per game last season (494.7), while Tulane ranked 77th in yards allowed (422.0).
When Tulane Has The Ball
- The Green Wave gave up 34 sacks last year to rank 121st in college football. The Sooners’ defense totaled 37 (third-most).
- Oklahoma’s opponents managed a 27.9% conversion rate on third downs last season (fourth in the FBS), compared to the 33.8% third-down conversion rate for Tulane on offense (104th in college football).
- The Green Wave’s offense averaged 6.8 yards per pass attempt last year (86th in FBS). The Sooners’ defense gave up 6.6 yards per passing play (21st).
- Tulane ranked 72nd in college football last season, committing 14 turnovers, while Oklahoma was 18th with 19 turnovers forced.
Oklahoma Betting Trends And Insights
- Oklahoma covered six times in nine chances against the spread last season.
- The Sooners covered the spread twice last season (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 26.5-point favorites.
- A total of four of Oklahoma’s games last season hit the over.
- In three games last season, Oklahoma and its opponents went over 69.5 combined points.
- The Sooners won 71.4% of the games last season they were the moneyline favorite (5-2).
Tulane Betting Trends And Insights
- Tulane covered seven times in 11 chances against the spread last season.
- Last year, six of Tulane’s games went over the point total.
- Oklahoma and its opponents went over 69.5 combined points in three of nine games last season.
- Last season, the Green Wave were listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
Oklahoma Players To Watch
- Spencer Rattler racked up 3,031 passing yards (275.5 yards per game) with a 67.5% completion percentage last year (214-of-317), while throwing 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also tacked on 160 rushing yards on 81 carries with six touchdowns, averaging 14.5 yards per game.
- Rhamondre Stevenson took 101 carries for 665 rushing yards a season ago (110.8 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns. He also caught 18 passes for 211 yards (35.2 receiving yards per game).
- Last season T.J. Pledger rushed for 451 yards on 95 carries (50.1 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Marvin Mims reeled in 37 passes for 610 yards (55.5 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- Theo Wease Jr.’s stat line last year showed 37 catches for 530 yards and four touchdowns. He put up 48.2 receiving yards per game.
- Austin Stogner collected 422 yards on 26 catches with three touchdowns last year, averaging 52.8 yards per game.
Tulane Players To Watch
- Last year Michael Pratt collected 1,806 passing yards (180.6 yards per game) while going 139-for-253 (54.9% completion percentage) and throwing 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He tacked on 229 rushing yards on 115 carries with eight touchdowns, averaging 22.9 yards per game.
- Stephon Huderson rushed for 776 yards on 128 carries (64.7 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns a season ago.
- Cameron Carroll totaled 741 rushing yards on 122 carries (61.8 yards per game), with 12 touchdowns on the ground last season.
- Duece Watts reeled in 31 passes for 512 yards last season with six touchdowns. He averaged 56.9 yards per game.
- Jha’Quan Jackson added 31 grabs for 425 yards and eight touchdowns last year. He put up 38.6 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Phat Watts caught 17 passes for 217 yards, averaging 21.7 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from