The No. 3 Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) will fight to keep their three-game winning streak intact in matchup with the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1). The Cornhuskers,on the moneyline to win, and the Sooners, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET on Fox. A total of points has been set for the game by oddsmakers.
In this article you’ll see everything you need to know to place a bet on the game, including statistical trends, key metrics and more, as well as up-to-date odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Oklahoma Vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Oklahoma Offense Vs. Nebraska Defense
|Sooners Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cornhuskers Defense|
|58.0 (2)||Points/Gm||13.3 (28)|
|527.0 (17)||Yards/Gm||325.7 (61)|
|330.5 (17)||Pass Yards/Gm||182.0 (51)|
|196.5 (45)||Rush Yards/Gm||143.7 (77)|
|8.5 (46)||Yards/Pass||5.5 (30)|
|5.4 (25)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (74)|
|45.8% (41)||3rd Down %||39.6% (85)|
|2 (52)||Turnovers||5 (6)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||4 (19)|
Nebraska Offense Vs. Oklahoma Defense
|Nebraska Offense||Stats (Rank)||Oklahoma Defense|
|34.0 (50)||Points/Gm||17.5 (43)|
|513.7 (21)||Yards/Gm||287.0 (37)|
|277.3 (35)||Pass Yards/Gm||209.5 (74)|
|236.3 (22)||Rush Yards/Gm||77.5 (24)|
|10.1 (16)||Yards/Pass||5.2 (23)|
|4.9 (48)||Yards/Rush||2.6 (25)|
|52.1% (17)||3rd Down %||24.1% (12)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|6 (119)||Sacks||4 (19)|
When Oklahoma Has The Ball
- The Sooners rank 25th with 5.4 yards per carry, compared to the 4.0 per rush the Cornhuskers give up (74th in the FBS).
- Oklahoma ranks 52nd in college football, committing two turnovers this season, while Nebraska is sixth with five turnovers forced.
- The Cornhuskers allow third-down conversions on 39.6% of their opponents’ attempts (85th in the FBS). The Sooners have a 45.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 41st in college football.
- Oklahoma’s offense ranks 17th in the FBS in yards per game (527.0), while Nebraska ranks 61st in yards allowed (325.7).
When Nebraska Has The Ball
- The Cornhuskers have conceded six sacks (ninth-most in college football), and the Sooners’ defense has the 19th-most with four.
- Oklahoma has forced four turnovers (11th-most in the FBS), and Nebraska has committed three turnovers (49th-most in college football).
- The Sooners’ defense gives up 209.5 yards through the air per game (74th in the FBS). The Cornhuskers’ 277.3 passing yards per game is 35th in college football.
- Nebraska ranks 48th in the FBS averaging 4.9 yards per carry. Oklahoma gives up 2.6 per rushing attempt (25th in college football).
Oklahoma Betting Trends And Insights
- Oklahoma has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Sooners have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 22.5-point favorites.
- The Sooners have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
Nebraska Betting Trends And Insights
- Nebraska has covered once in two matchups with a spread this year.
- The Cornhuskers will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
Oklahoma Players To Watch
- This campaign, Spencer Rattler has recorded 547 passing yards (273.5 yards per game) while completing 50 of 65 passes (76.9% completion percentage), with six touchdowns and two interceptions. He has tacked on 36 rushing yards on 12 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 18.0 yards per game.
- Kennedy Brooks has churned out a team-best 135 rushing yards (67.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Eric Gray has run for 101 yards on 18 carries (50.5 yards per game) this year.
- Marvin Mims has six catches, leading his team with 136 yards (68.0 ypg) this season.
- Mario Williams’ stat line this year shows 10 catches for 86 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 43.0 receiving yards per game.
- Jadon Haselwood has collected 66 yards on eight receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 33.0 yards per game.
Nebraska Players To Watch
- This year, Adrian Martinez has recorded 728 passing yards (242.7 yards per game) while going 46-for-74 (62.2% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has added 256 rushing yards on 34 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 85.3 yards per game.
- Markese Stepp has rushed for 128 yards on 30 carries (42.7 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Samori Toure has 13 catches and paces his team with 306 receiving yards (102.0 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Oliver Martin has added 103 yards (on six catches) and one touchdown.
- Austin Allen has totaled 92 yards on seven receptions, averaging 30.7 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from