The No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners (9-1, 6-1 Big 12) bring the eighth-ranked scoring offense in college football into a matchup with the Iowa State Cyclones (6-4, 4-3 Big 12), who have the No. 25 scoring defense. The Sooners, listed aton the spread, take to their home field on November 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET against the Cyclones, on the moneyline to win. The game’s total is currently set at .
In this article we break down everything you need before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
This article makes reference to lines current as of November 20, 2021 at 12:07 PM ET. See all the up-to-date odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Oklahoma Vs. Iowa State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Oklahoma Offense Vs. Iowa State Defense
|Sooners Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cyclones Defense|
|40.0 (8)||Points/Gm||20.5 (25)|
|453.1 (14)||Yards/Gm||306.4 (14)|
|282.7 (18)||Pass Yards/Gm||194.7 (27)|
|170.4 (58)||Rush Yards/Gm||111.7 (20)|
|8.9 (15)||Yards/Pass||7.2 (60)|
|5.3 (11)||Yards/Rush||3.3 (16)|
|46.7% (16)||3rd Down %||39.0% (63)|
|9 (45)||Turnovers||9 (67)|
|7 (52)||Sacks||7 (78)|
Iowa State Offense Vs. Oklahoma Defense
|Iowa State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Oklahoma Defense|
|32.5 (39)||Points/Gm||24.5 (59)|
|434.7 (36)||Yards/Gm||386.7 (77)|
|265.4 (28)||Pass Yards/Gm||257.3 (111)|
|169.3 (59)||Rush Yards/Gm||129.4 (40)|
|8.2 (39)||Yards/Pass||8.0 (100)|
|5.1 (19)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (45)|
|38.0% (78)||3rd Down %||39.6% (72)|
|7 (22)||Turnovers||10 (47)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||13 (16)|
When Oklahoma Has The Ball
- The Sooners convert 46.7% of their third downs (16th in college football), while the Cyclones’ defense ranks 63rd in that category (39.0%)
- Oklahoma’s passing attack averages 8.9 yards per pass attempt (15th in the FBS). Iowa State allows 7.2 per pass (60th in college football).
- The Sooners’ 170.4 rushing yards per game is good for 58th in the FBS. The Cyclones’ defense allows 111.7 on the ground (20th in college football).
- Oklahoma is No. 52 in college football in sacks conceded (seven), facing the pass rush ranked 78th, owned by Iowa State (seven).
When Iowa State Has The Ball
- The 265.4 passing yards per game the Cyclones average ranks them 28th in the FBS, while the 257.3 the Sooners give up ranks them 111th in college football.
- Iowa State ranks 39th in the FBS at 8.2 yards per pass attempt. Oklahoma gives up 8.0 yards per passing play (100th in college football).
- The Cyclones have the 36th-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (434.7). They will be up against a Sooners defense ranked 77th, giving up 386.7 yards per game.
- Oklahoma gives up 3.8 yards per rushing attempt (45th in the FBS). Iowa State is 19th in rushing, averaging 5.1 per carry.
Oklahoma Betting Trends And Insights
- Oklahoma has won four games against the spread this season, while failing to cover six times.
- The Sooners have an ATS record of 4-6 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites this season.
- In Oklahoma’s 10 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total six times.
- Oklahoma and its opponents have gone over 58.5 combined points in six of 10 games this season.
- The Sooners have gone 6-2 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 75% of those games).
Iowa State Betting Trends And Insights
- Iowa State has covered four times in nine chances against the spread this season.
- Iowa State and its opponents have combined to hit the over five out of nine times this year.
- Iowa State has played four games this season that ended with a combined score over 58.5 points.
- This is the first time the Cyclones will play as underdogs this season.
Oklahoma Players To Watch
- Spencer Rattler has thrown for 1,462 yards while completing 74.5% of his passes (137-of-184), with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions this year (182.8 yards per game).
- Kennedy Brooks has picked up a team-high 854 rushing yards (85.4 yards per game) and scored 10 touchdowns.
- So far this year Eric Gray has rushed for 307 yards on 65 carries (30.7 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. Gray also helps out in the passing game, catching 17 passes for 204 yards (20.4 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Marvin Mims has 28 catches and paces his team with 622 receiving yards (62.2 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Jadon Haselwood has also tacked on 35 catches for 367 yards and six touchdowns this year. He puts up 36.7 receiving yards per game.
- Michael Woods has 347 receiving yards on 29 receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 43.4 yards per game.
Iowa State Players To Watch
- This year, Brock Purdy has recorded 2,441 passing yards (244.1 yards per game) while going 218-for-297 (73.4% completion percentage) and throwing 15 touchdowns and six interceptions. He has added 273 rushing yards on 68 carries with one touchdown, averaging 27.3 yards per game.
- Breece Hall has run for a team-leading 1,172 yards on 216 carries (117.2 yards per game) while scoring 16 touchdowns. He also averages 24.6 receiving yards per game, grabbing 31 passes for 246 yards and two touchdowns.
- Xavier Hutchinson has 68 catches, leading his team with 798 yards (79.8 ypg) while hauling in five touchdowns this season.
- Charlie Kolar has tacked on 40 receptions for 486 yards and four touchdowns.
- This season Tarique Milton is averaging 30.9 yards per game, with 15 catches for 278 yards and three touchdowns.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from