The No. 21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (9-2) are against the spread as they try to continue a nine-game home win streak when they host the No. 25 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-2) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Williams Arena. The matchup airs at 5:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 3, 2021, 1:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Ohio State Betting Information
- With a mark of 4-5, the Buckeyes have a losing record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Buckeyes are 3-4 against the spread in 2020-21.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have gone over the set total in only 3 of 9 games this season (33.3%).
Ohio State Players to Watch
|Duane Washington Jr.||10||14.3||3.4||2.7||0.7||0.0||2.5|
Minnesota Betting Information
- With a 5-4-1 record ATS this season, Minnesota has outperformed expectations.
- As at least a 1-point underdog, the Golden Gophers maintain an even 2-2-1 record against the spread.
- Seven of the Golden Gophers 10 games (70%) this season have gone over the over/under.
- In their last game, the Golden Gophers got a team-high 15 points from Gabe Kalscheur in a 71-59 loss to the Badgers on Thursday. They failed to covered the spread as 8.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 130 points to go under the 141.5 point total.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- Ohio State’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Sunday’s matchup total (147.5 points) in 70% of opportunities (seven out of 10 matchups).
- In 63.6% of Minnesota’s games this season (7 of 11), the total points scored was more than Sunday’s 147.5-point over/under.
- The over/under for the game of 147.5 is 12.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Buckeyes (77.9 points per game) and the Golden Gophers (82 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 138.7 points per game, 8.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Buckeyes games is 4.5 points fewer than the over/under of 147.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Gophers games this season (155.6 points).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2020||Ohio State||Ohio State||-8.5||133.5||-433||324||Regular Season||62-59 MINN|
|12/15/2019||Ohio State||Minnesota||-7.5||129.5||-357||276||Regular Season||84-71 MINN|
|12/2/2018||N/A||Ohio State||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-59 OHIOST|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from