Switzerland World Cup odds sit at to win the competition for the sixth time in their history. Click on any of the odds below to bet now on the best available prices at legal U.S. sportsbooks. It should be a battle between Switzerland and Serbia to finish second in Group G and reach the knockout stage at the 2022 World Cup. Switzerland have odds of to win Group G and to advance out of Group G.
SWITZERLAND WORLD CUP ODDS
GROUP G FUTURESFIFA World Cup Rankings in Group G:
- No. 1 Brazil
- No. 14 Switzerland
- No. 25 Serbia
- No. 37 Cameroon
Group play is a round-robin format, with each team playing each other once. The top two teams in each group will advance to the knockout stage and Round of 16. Each win in group play is worth three points and draws are worth one point. A loss earns zero points. If there is a tie for the group winner or the second-place spot in the group to advance, the tiebreakers to determine the ranking among these teams are determined as follows:
- Greatest combined goal difference in all group matches
- Greatest combined number of goals scored in all group matches
- If more than one team remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined as follows:
- Greatest number of points in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest goal difference in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest number of goals scored in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Fair play points system in which the number of yellow and red cards in all group matches are considered according to the following deductions:
- First yellow card: minus 1 point
- Second yellow card/indirect red card: minus 3 points
- Direct red card: minus 4 points
- Yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
- If any of the teams above remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined by the drawing of lots
GROUP G FIXTURES AND MATCH ODDS
Thursday, November 24th at 5 a.m. ET (Al Janoub Stadium)
Monday, November 28th at 11 a.m. ET (Stadium 974)
Friday, December 2nd at 2 p.m. ET (Education City Stadium)
HOW TO WATCH FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Fox and Telemundo own the rights to broadcast the competition. For west coast fans planning on watching the early games before work, you will need to stock up on coffee and five-hour energy drinks. Group matches will kick off at 5 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET. The knockout matches will kick off at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET.
HOW SWITZERLAND QUALIFIED FOR FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Switzerland were drawn in UEFA’s Group C alongside Italy, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania. Switzerland finished top thanks to their solid backline, who only gave up two goals and collected six clean sheets. Check out Marco Cerino‘s post for a full list of nations who have qualified for Qatar 2022.
|DATE||OPPONENT||Result||Goals For||Goals Against||Total Goals||xG||xGA||Total xGA|
SWITZERLAND LIKELY XI
Switzerland surprised everyone at Euro 2020 with their comeback win over favorites France in the Last 16 and could do the same in Qatar. Their team’s strength is built on a solid defensive line with Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka and Juventus’s Denis Zakaria shielding. In goal, they have Yann Sommer, arguably the best goalkeeper outside of Europe’s elite clubs. Their captain Xherdan Shaqiri is the MLS’s newest superstar after signing for Chicago Fire. The talented forward has played at some of Europe’s biggest clubs but always produced his best performances on the international stage. In Breel Embolo, they have a powerful, composed finisher who can lead the line with his explosive pace and strength.