Japan World Cup odds sit at to be the first nation from Asia to win the competition. Click on any of the odds below to bet now on the best available prices at legal U.S. sportsbooks.
JAPAN WORLD CUP ODDS
GROUP E FUTURESThe odds are against Japan to reach the knockout stage at the 2022 World Cup with Spain and Germany in their group. They have odds of to win Group E and to advance out of Group E. FIFA World Cup Rankings in Group E:
- No. 7 Spain
- No. 12 Germany
- No. 23 Japan
- No. 31 Costa Rica/No. 101 New Zealand
Group play is a round-robin format, with each team playing each other once. The top two teams in each group will advance to the knockout stage and Round of 16. Each win in group play is worth three points and draws are worth one point. A loss earns zero points. If there is a tie for the group winner or the second-place spot in the group to advance, the tiebreakers to determine the ranking among these teams are determined as follows:
- Greatest combined goal difference in all group matches
- Greatest combined number of goals scored in all group matches
- If more than one team remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined as follows:
- Greatest number of points in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest goal difference in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest number of goals scored in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Fair play points system in which the number of yellow and red cards in all group matches are considered according to the following deductions:
- First yellow card: minus 1 point
- Second yellow card/indirect red card: minus 3 points
- Direct red card: minus 4 points
- Yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
- If any of the teams above remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined by the drawing of lots
GROUP E FIXTURES AND MATCH ODDS
Wednesday, November 23rd at 8 a.m. ET (Al-Thumama Stadium)
vs. Costa Rica
Sunday, November 27th at 5 a.m. ET (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)
Thursday, December 1st at 2 p.m. ET (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)
HOW TO WATCH FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Fox and Telemundo own the rights to broadcast the competition. For west coast fans planning on watching the early games before work, you will need to stock up on coffee and five-hour energy drinks. Group matches will kick off at 5 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET. The knockout matches will kick off at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET.
HOW JAPAN QUALIFIED FOR FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Japan were drawn into AFC’s Group F with Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Myanmar for Round 2 of qualification. They finished top on 24 points winning all eight games to progress to Round 3 where they were drawn into Group B alongside Saudi Arabia, Australia, Oman, China and Vietnam. This time they finished second on 22 points with 7W-1D-2L. xG stats were unavailable for Japan on FotMob.com. Check out Marco Cerino‘s post for a full list of nations who have qualified for Qatar 2022.
|DATE||OPPONENT||Result||Goals For||Goals Against||Total Goals|
xG stats via FotMob.com
JAPAN LIKELY XI
Japan have several players plying their trade in Europe with Liverpool’s Takumi Minamino, Arsenal’s Takehiro Tomiyasu, Real Madrid’s Takefasu Kubo, PSV Eindhoven’s Ritsu Doan, Sampdoria’s Maya Yoshida, VfB Stuttgart’s Waturo Endo, and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Daichi Kamada the most prominent. Days after booking their seventh straight appearance at the World Cup in late March, coach Hajime Moriyasu challenged his players to finish in the top eight. The Group Stage on April 1st ended in disaster, with Japan being placed in the ‘group of death’ alongside Spain and Germany. The Blue Samurai will do well to make it to the Knockout Stage.