Costa Rica World Cup odds sit at to be the first nation from CONCACAF to win the World Cup. Click on any of the odds below to bet now on the best available prices at legal U.S. sportsbooks. Costa Rica’s chances of reaching the knockout stage at the 2022 World Cup are slim to none with Spain and Germany in their group. They have odds of to win Group E and to advance out of Group E.
COSTA RICA WORLD CUP ODDS
GROUP E FUTURESFIFA World Cup Rankings in Group E:
- No. 7 Spain
- No. 12 Germany
- No. 23 Japan
- No. 31 Costa Rica
Group play is a round-robin format, with each team playing each other once. The top two teams in each group will advance to the knockout stage and Round of 16. Each win in group play is worth three points and draws are worth one point. A loss earns zero points. If there is a tie for the group winner or the second-place spot in the group to advance, the tiebreakers to determine the ranking among these teams are determined as follows:
- Greatest combined goal difference in all group matches
- Greatest combined number of goals scored in all group matches
- If more than one team remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined as follows:
- Greatest number of points in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest goal difference in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Greatest number of goals scored in head-to-head matches among those teams
- Fair play points system in which the number of yellow and red cards in all group matches are considered according to the following deductions:
- First yellow card: minus 1 point
- Second yellow card/indirect red card: minus 3 points
- Direct red card: minus 4 points
- Yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
- If any of the teams above remain level after applying the above criteria, their ranking will be determined by the drawing of lots
GROUP E FIXTURES AND MATCH ODDS
Wednesday, November 23rd at 11 a.m. ET (Al-Thumama Stadium)
Sunday, November 27th at 5 a.m. ET (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)market=moneyline hide_consensus=”yes”]
Thursday, December 1st at 2 p.m. ET (Al Bayt Stadium ) Odds TBD
HOW TO WATCH FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Fox and Telemundo own the rights to broadcast the competition. For west coast fans planning on watching the early games before work, you will need to stock up on coffee and five-hour energy drinks. Group matches will kick off at 5 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET. The knockout matches will kick off at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET.
HOW COSTA RICA QUALIFIED FOR FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
Costa Rica faced Canada, USMNT, Mexico Panama, Jamaica, El Salvador and Honduras in Round 3 of CONCACAF Qualification. They finished in the World Cup qualification spot (fourth) with a record of 7W-4D-3L, scoring 13 goals and conceding eight. They beat New Zealand 1-0 thanks to an early goal from former Arsenal striker Joel Campbell who knows plies his trade in Liga MX with Monterrey. xG stats were unavailable for Costa Rica on FotMob.com. Check out Marco Cerino‘s post for a full list of nations who have qualified for Qatar 2022.
|DATE||OPPONENT||Result||Goals For||Goals Against||Total Goals|
|06/14/22||New Zealand (WCQ Playoff)||Win||1||0||1|
COSTA RICA LIKELY XI
Costa Rica’s strength lies in a deep defensive line backed up by one of the best goalkeepers in the world, Keylor Navas. The PSG shot-stopper has reached the pinnacle of the game, winning multiple honors throughout his career, including three UEFA Champions League titles with Real Madrid. Expect to see Navas busy with Spain, Germany, and Japan in their group and his teammates digging in, playing unadventurous football. Premier League fans will likely recognize former Everton and Sunderland left-back Bryan Oviedo. Fulham’s former attacking midfielder, Bryan Ruiz, recently announced he will retire after the World Cup.