James Harden leads the Houston Rockets (0-1) into a matchup with the Denver Nuggets (0-2) after scoring 44 points in a 128-126 loss to the Trail Blazers. The Nuggets are favorites in the game on Monday, December 28, 2020, which starts at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 28, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Nuggets vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 28
Nuggets: Greg Whittington: Day To Day (Left knee), JaMychal Green: Out (Calf)
Rockets: Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles), DeMarcus Cousins: Out (Contract Tracing), John Wall: Out (Contract Tracing), Eric Gordon: Out (Health protocols), Mason Jones: Out (Health protocols), Ben McLemore: Out (Self Isolating), Kenyon Martin Jr.: Out (Self Isolating)
Nuggets and Rockets Records ATS
- Denver had a 46-41-4 record ATS last year.
- The Nuggets were 7-12-2 against the spread last season when they were at least an 7.5-point favorite.
- Denver and its opponents hit the over in 47 of 91 games last season (51.6%).
- With a 37-45-1 record ATS, Houston did not always covered the spread last season.
- The Rockets were at least an 7.5-point underdog 28th times last season, where they had a record of 10-17 against the spread.
- 49 of Houston’s 83 games (59%) last season didn’t cover the over/under.
Head to Head
The Nuggets defeated the Rockets 117-110 in the last meeting between the teams on Sunday. Jerami Grant scored 25 points to lead the Nuggets, and Russell Westbrook scored 32 points for the Rockets. The Nuggets covered the spread as 2.5-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 227 total points to hit the over on the 225-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-2.5||225||-137||114||Regular Season||117-110 DEN*|
|1/22/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-10||227.5||-562||420||Regular Season||121-105 HOU*|
|12/31/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-5.5||224||-235||191||Regular Season||130-104 HOU|
|11/20/2019||Nuggets||Nuggets||-1||221.5||-115||-104||Regular Season||105-95 DEN*|
|3/28/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-85 HOU|
|2/1/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||136-122 DEN|
|1/7/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-113 HOU|
|11/13/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-99 HOU|
|2/25/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-114 HOU|
|2/9/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-104 HOU|
- 1/26/2020 DNP – Nuggets: Jamal Murray, Paul Millsap Rockets: James Harden
- 1/22/2020 DNP – Nuggets: Jamal Murray, Paul Millsap
- 11/20/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon
- In Denver’s matchups last season, the Nuggets and their opponents eclipsed Monday’s over/under of 225 points 36 times (39.1% of opportunities).
- In Houston’s games last year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Monday’s matchup over/under in 55 out of 84 matchups (65.5%).
- The Nuggets saw a 219.8 average over/under in their games last season, 5.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Rockets’ games have a total points bet of 230.1 points last season, 5.1 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Nuggets had an average implied point total of 111.6 last season, which is 4.4 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (116).
- Last season, Denver outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) 28 times.
- The Rockets’ average implied point total last season (118.9 points) is 9.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (109 points).
- Houston totaled more than 109 points in 60 games last season.
- Last season, the Nuggets were the NBA’s 19th-highest scoring team (110.5 PPG), while the Rockets allowed their opponents the 23rd-fewest points per game (113.7) in the league.
- The Nuggets totaled a total of 111 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 1.2 per game), and the Rockets out-scored opponents by 222 points on the season (2.7 more per game).
- Nikola Jokic contributed 19.9 points per game last season while tacking on 9.7 rebounds and 7.0 assists.
- Gary Harris averaged 1.4 steals per game. Paul Millsap collected 0.6 blocks an outing.
- Harden scored 34.3 points per game and averaged 7.5 assists per contest last season.
- PJ Tucker pulled down 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden grabbed 1.8 steals per game. Christian Wood collected 0.9 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from