The Dallas Mavericks (3-4) visit the Denver Nuggets (3-4) as favorites after Luka Doncic went off for 33 points in the Mavericks’ 113-100 victory over the Rockets. The game airs on TNT at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 7, 2021. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 7, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Nuggets vs Mavericks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 7
Greg Whittington: Day To Day (Left Knee)
Trey Burke: Out (Illness),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee)
Nuggets and Mavericks Records ATS
- Denver is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 2-5
- The Nuggets have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 3 points, going 2-3 this season.
- In 85.7% of its games this season (6/7), Denver and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- Dallas holds a losing record ATS this season with three wins and four losses ATS.
- The Mavericks only hold a 0-2 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 3-point underdog.
- 28.6% of Dallas’ 7 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-97 DAL*|
|1/8/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-4.5||220.5||-178||147||Regular Season||107-106 DEN*|
|10/29/2019||Nuggets||Nuggets||-5.5||212||-232||186||Regular Season||109-106 DAL|
|3/14/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-99 DEN|
|2/22/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-104 DEN|
|12/18/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-118 DEN|
|3/6/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 DAL|
|1/27/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-89 DEN|
|1/16/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-102 DEN|
|12/4/2017||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-105 DAL|
- 3/11/2020 DNP – Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis, Seth Curry
- 1/8/2020 DNP – Nuggets: Will Barton, Paul Millsap; Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis
- Denver and its opponents have gone over Thursday’s 224 total in 39 out of seven games (557.1%) this year.
- In two out of Dallas’ seven games this season (28.6%), the competing teams combined for more points than the point total in Thursday’s matchup.
- The Nuggets have seen a 233 average over/under in their games this season, nine points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 11.1 points more than the average over/under in Mavericks’ games this season (212.9 points).
- The Nuggets have an average implied point total of 115.3 this season, which is 1.3 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (114).
- Denver has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (114) 36 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Mavericks (115.6) is 4.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (111).
- This season, Dallas has scored more than this game’s implied total of 111 points three times.
- The Nuggets are the league’s fourth-highest scoring team (117 PPG), while the Mavericks allow the sixth-fewest points per game (105.1) in NBA action.
- The Nuggets have put up just seven more points than their opponents this year (an average of one per game), and the Mavericks have out-scored opponents by just 18 points on the season (2.6 more per game).
- Nikola Jokic leads the Nuggets in points, rebounds and assists. He scores 24.1 points per game while tacking on 11.9 rebounds and 11.9 assists.
- Jokic’s assists prop total for the contest is listed at 8.5 assists, 3.4 less than his season average of 11.9.
- Jamal Murray is the top three-point shooter for the Nuggets, hitting 2.7 per game.
- Murray’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Denver’s blocks leader is PJ Dozier, who averages 0.9 per game. Jokic leads the team averaging 1.4 steals an outing.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
- Doncic has shown out this season to lead the Mavericks in points (25.8 per game), rebounds (9.0 per game), and assists (7.2 per game).
- Doncic’s assists prop total for the game is listed at 8.5 assists, 1.3 assists greater than his season average of 7.2.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. is tops from three-point range for the Mavericks, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- James Johnson is at the top of Dallas’ steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Maxi Kleber leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.
- Johnson’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from