The Denver Nuggets (37-20) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (32-25) as 2-point favorites after Nikola Jokic racked up 47 points in the Nuggets’ 139-137 victory over the Grizzlies. The matchup airs on NBCS-NW at 10:00 PM ET on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 226.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 21, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Nuggets vs Trail Blazers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 21
Monte Morris: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee)
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Knee Injury Management),
Damian Lillard: Out (Hamstring),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Nuggets and Trail Blazers Records ATS
- Denver is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 28-29
- The Nuggets have a winning record against the spread when favored by 2 points or more, going 23-20 this season.
- Denver and its opponents have hit the over in 32 of 57 games this season (56.1%).
- Portland has a 28-29 record against the spread this season.
- As at least a 2-point underdog, the Trail Blazers tend to have trouble covering with only a 14-15 record against the spread.
- 30 of Portland’s 57 games (52.6%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Nuggets got a team-high 41 points out of Jokic on the way to a 111-106 win against Damian Lillard (25 points) and the Trail Blazers in their last matchup on February 23, 2021. The Nuggets were 6-point favorites in the game, but the Trail Blazers covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 217 total points to finish under the 232-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2021||Nuggets||Nuggets||-6||232||-241||196||Regular Season||111-106 DEN*|
- 2/23/2021 DNP –
Trail Blazers: CJ McCollum
- Denver and its opponents have hit the over on Wednesday’s 226 total in 31 out of 57 games (54.4%) this year.
- 31 Portland games this year (54.4% of its matchups) ended with a final score higher than Wednesday’s over/under of 226 points.
- This season, the average total for Nuggets games is 226, identical to the over/under of 226 for this contest.
- A difference of 2.9 points separates the average total points bet in Trail Blazers’ games (228.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (226 points).
- The average implied total for the Nuggets this season is 114.6 points, 0.6 more points than their implied total of 114 points in Wednesday’s game.
- This season, Denver has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (114) 34 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Trail Blazers (117.3) is 5.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- This season, Portland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 36 times.
- The Nuggets are the league’s fourth-highest scoring team (115.7 PPG), while the Trail Blazers allow the 24th-fewest points per game (114.6) in NBA action.
- The Nuggets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 308 points this season (5.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Trail Blazers have out-scored them by only 19 more points on the year (0.3 per game).
- Jokic leads the Nuggets in points, rebounds and assists. He averages 26.4 points per game while also adding 11.1 rebounds and 8.8 assists.
- Jokic’s assists prop over/under for the contest is set at 10.5 assists, 1.7 assists higher than his season average of 8.8.
- Jamal Murray knocks down 2.7 threes per game to lead the Nuggets.
- Murray’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Jokic leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. JaVale McGee collects 1.1 blocks a game to pace Denver.
- Jokic’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard’s excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Trail Blazers scoring and assists leaderboards with 28.7 points per game and 7.7 assists per game.
- Lillard’s assists prop over/under for the contest is posted at 8.5 assists, 0.8 assists greater than his season average of 7.7.
- When it comes to rebounds, Enes Kanter is the Portland leader with 11.7 per game.
- Kanter’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 11.5 boards, 0.2 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.7.
- Lillard makes more threes per game than any other member of the Trail Blazers, averaging 4.1 treys per game.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 4.1.
- One Portland player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Robert Covington averages 1.5 steals per game and 1.2 blocks per game.
- Covington’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from