The Houston Rockets (14-41) are underdogs as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Denver Nuggets (35-20) on Friday, April 16 at Toyota Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ALT. The over/under for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 16, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Nuggets vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 16
Shaquille Harrison: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee)
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
D.J. Augustin: Out (Ankle),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Sterling Brown: Day To Day (Knee),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle)
Nuggets and Rockets Records ATS
- Denver is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 27-28
- The Nuggets have a winning record against the spread when favored by 8.5 points or more, going 5-4 this season.
- Denver and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 56.4% of its games this season (31/55).
- Houston has an 18-36-1 record against the spread this season.
- 30 of Houston’s 55 games (54.5%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/28/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-6.5||222||-253||206||Regular Season||124-111 DEN|
- Denver’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Friday’s matchup total (224 points) in 30 out of 55 opportunities (54.5% of matchups).
- In 25 out of Houston’s 55 games this year (45.5%), the competing teams combined for more points than the total in Friday’s matchup.
- The Nuggets have seen a 225.1 average over/under in their games this season, 1.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Rockets’ games have an over/under of 223 points this season, one point fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the Nuggets this season is 114.5 points, 1.5 fewer points than their implied total of 116 points in Friday’s game.
- Denver has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (116) 26 times this season.
- The Rockets’ average implied point total on the season (115.3 points) is 7.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (108 points).
- Houston has scored more than 108 points in 25 games on the season.
- The Nuggets are at the fourth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (115.1 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 25th-fewest points per game (114.8) in the league.
- The Nuggets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 277 points this season (5.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 359 more points on the year (6.5 per game).
- The Nuggets points, rebounds and assists leader is Nikola Jokic. He scores 26.0 points per game and adds 10.9 rebounds and 8.8 assists.
- Jokic’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 9.5 rebounds, 1.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.9.
- The Nuggets are led by Jamal Murray from long distance. He makes 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- Murray’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Jokic leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. JaVale McGee collects 1.1 blocks a game to pace Denver.
- Jokic’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
- Christian Wood holds the top Rockets spot in two categories: scoring (21.2 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s points prop total for the contest is set at 18.5, 2.7 points lower than his season average of 21.2.
- John Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.9 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 1.5 lower than his season average of 31.0.
- Eric Gordon leads the Rockets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Gordon’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Jae’Sean Tate (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.3 per game).
- Tate’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from