The No. 9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) hit the field against the Florida State Seminoles (0-0) at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Florida. The Seminoles (moneyline odds to win) will welcome the Fighting Irish ( ) on September 5, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ABC. The total for the game is set at points.
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and explain what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Notre Dame Vs. Florida State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Notre Dame Offense Vs. Florida State Defense (2020)
|Notre Dame Offense||Stats (Rank)||Florida State Defense|
|33.4 (30)||Points/Gm||36.0 (105)|
|448.4 (27)||Yards/Gm||456.3 (107)|
|237.3 (58)||Pass Yards/Gm||257.1 (98)|
|211.1 (24)||Rush Yards/Gm||199.2 (97)|
|7.9 (41)||Yards/Pass||8.1 (100)|
|5.0 (28)||Yards/Rush||5.1 (102)|
|48.8% (10)||3rd Down %||44.9% (98)|
|11 (44)||Turnovers||14 (49)|
|25 (97)||Sacks||10 (104)|
Florida State Offense Vs. Notre Dame Defense (2020)
|Florida State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Notre Dame Defense|
|25.8 (85)||Points/Gm||19.7 (14)|
|396.7 (62)||Yards/Gm||343.4 (25)|
|196.8 (98)||Pass Yards/Gm||230.6 (61)|
|199.9 (31)||Rush Yards/Gm||112.8 (15)|
|6.1 (107)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (47)|
|5.1 (22)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (33)|
|35.6% (101)||3rd Down %||31.2% (11)|
|17 (102)||Turnovers||14 (49)|
|29 (112)||Sacks||31 (14)|
When Notre Dame Has The Ball
- The Seminoles gave up third-down conversions on 44.9% of their opponents’ attempts last year (98th in FBS). The Fighting Irish had a 48.8% third-down conversion rate (10th).
- Florida State’s defense ranked 107th in yards conceded per game last year (456.3), while Notre Dame’s offense was 27th in college football at 448.4 yards per game.
- The Fighting Irish had the 30th-ranked offense in the FBS last season, averaging 33.4 points per game. The Seminoles’ defense was 105th, allowing 36.0 points per contest.
- Notre Dame averaged 5.0 yards per rushing attempt last year (28th in the FBS), while Florida State gave up 5.1 per carry (102nd in college football).
When Florida State Has The Ball
- The Seminoles were 112th-ranked in college football in sacks conceded last season (29), and are up against the team ranked 14th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, the Fighting Irish (31).
- Florida State was successful on 35.6% of its third-down plays last season (101st in college football). Notre Dame’s defense gave up third-down conversions at a 31.2% clip (11th).
- The Fighting Irish had the 14th-ranked scoring defense last season (19.7 points per game). The Seminoles’ 85th-ranked scoring offense averaged 25.8 points per game.
- Florida State averaged 6.1 yards per pass attempt last season (107th in the FBS) compared to the 7.1 per pass Notre Dame gave up (47th in college football).
Notre Dame Betting Trends And Insights
- Notre Dame compiled a 6-5-0 ATS record last year.
- When playing as at least 8-point favorites last season, the Fighting Irish had an ATS record of 3-4.
- Notre Dame and its opponents combined to hit the over six out of 11 times last season.
- In four of 11 games last season, Notre Dame and its opponents went over 56 points.
- The Fighting Irish won all seven of the games they were the moneyline favorite last season.
Florida State Betting Trends And Insights
- Florida State compiled a 3-6-0 ATS record last season.
- The Seminoles were an underdog by 8 points or more four times last season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- A total of six of Florida State’s games last season went over the point total.
- Notre Dame’s 11 games last season went over this contest’s total of 56 points four times.
- Last season, the Seminoles were the underdog six times and won one of those games.
Notre Dame Players To Watch
- Last year, Ian Book collected 2,829 passing yards (235.8 yards per game) while going 228-for-353 (64.6% completion percentage) and throwing 15 touchdowns and three interceptions. He added 485 rushing yards on 116 carries with nine touchdowns, averaging 40.4 yards per game.
- A season ago, Kyren Williams churned out 1,125 rushing yards (93.8 yards per game) and scored 13 touchdowns. He added 35 catches for 313 yards (26.1 receiving yards per game) with one receiving touchdown.
- Chris Tyree totaled 496 rushing yards on 73 carries (41.3 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground, last year.
- Javon McKinley grabbed 42 passes for 717 yards last season with three touchdowns. He averaged 65.2 yards per game.
- Michael Mayer contributed with 450 yards on 42 grabs and two touchdowns. He averaged 37.5 receiving yards per game last year.
- Bennett Skowronek totaled 439 yards on 29 catches with five touchdowns last year, averaging 48.8 yards per game.
Florida State Players To Watch
- Jordan Travis collected 1,056 passing yards (132.0 yards per game) with a 55% completion percentage last year (72-of-131), while throwing six touchdowns and six interceptions. He also added 559 rushing yards on 97 carries with seven touchdowns, averaging 69.9 yards per game.
- Last year Jashaun Corbin ran for 401 yards on 81 carries (44.6 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Ontaria Wilson hauled in 31 passes for 391 yards last season and scored two touchdowns. He averaged 43.4 yards per game.
- Tamorrion Terry contributed with 289 yards on 23 grabs and one touchdown. He averaged 48.2 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Camren McDonald caught 23 passes for 263 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 32.9 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from