The Northwestern State Demons (1-10) take a five-game losing streak into a road matchup with the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-7), who have lost three straight. The Huskies are underdogs by in the contest, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 2, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 2, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Northwestern State Betting Information
- Northwestern State has managed to cover the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 4-5 against the spread.
- In 55.6% of their games this season (5/9), the Demons and their opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- The Demons lost 62-52 to the Cougars in their last outing on Wednesday. Jairus Roberson totaled a team-high 14 points in the loss. They covered the spread as 18.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to fall short of the 145.5 point total.
Northwestern State Players to Watch
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- The Huskies have outperformed the spread so far this season with a record ATS of 4-2.
- 33.3% of Houston Baptist’s 6 games this season have gone over the over/under.
- The Huskies lost to the Sooners 84-65 but covered the spread as 34-point underdogs, while going under the 167 point total in their most recent game on Saturday. Darius Lee scored a team-high 15 points in the loss.
Houston Baptist Players to Watch
- Northwestern State’s games this season have gone over the point total for Saturday’s matchup (160 points) in 11 out of 11 opportunities (100% of matchups).
- Three Houston Baptist games this year (37.5% of its matchups) ended with a final point total higher than Saturday’s over/under of 160 points.
- The Demons average 67.5 points per game against the Huskies’ 69.1, totaling 23.4 points under the game’s over/under of 160.
- These two teams surrender a combined 167.2 points per game, 7.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Demons have seen a 150.3 average over/under in their games this season, 9.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Huskies games have an over/under of 153.6 points this season, 6.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||Houston Baptist||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-79 NW ST|
|1/5/2020||Northwestern State||Northwestern State||-3||172||-157||128||Regular Season||106-79 NW ST|
|2/20/2019||N/A||Houston Baptist||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-54 HOUBAP|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from