The Valparaiso Beacons (9-12, 3-7 MVC) will try to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Northern Iowa Panthers (11-9, 7-3 MVC) on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at McLeod Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Panthers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Beacons ( ).
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Northern Iowa vs Valparaiso Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Northern Iowa Offense Vs. Valparaiso Defense
|Northern Iowa Offense||Stats (Rank)||Valparaiso Defense|
|70.2 (210)||Points/Gm||72.2 (263)|
|6.9 (360)||Possessions/Game||6.5 (2)|
|45.5 (128)||Field Goal %||44.5 (228)|
|34.6 (150)||3PT %||33.3 (158)|
|52.2 (118)||Effective FG %||50.4 (197)|
|55.1 (156)||True Shooting %||53.8 (145)|
Valparaiso Offense Vs. Northern Iowa Defense
|Valparaiso Offense||Stats (Rank)||Northern Iowa Defense|
|68.6 (257)||Points/Gm||66.3 (90)|
|6.5 (362)||Possessions/Game||6.9 (4)|
|44.1 (210)||Field Goal %||43.8 (185)|
|30.9 (319)||3PT %||33.8 (187)|
|49.4 (258)||Effective FG %||51.9 (276)|
|52.9 (249)||True Shooting %||54.6 (173)|
Best Betting Sites For Northern Iowa vs Valparaiso
Northern Iowa Betting Insights
- Northern Iowa has covered 10 times in 19 chances against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have covered the spread once this season (1-3 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- So far this season, 10 out of Northern Iowa’s 19 games have hit the over.
- The Panthers and their opponents have gone over 137.5 combined points in nine of 19 games this season.
- Northern Iowa has had an average of 136.5 points in its games this season, 1.0 fewer than this matchup’s total.
Valparaiso Betting Insights
- Valparaiso has compiled an 8-12-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Beacons have covered the spread twice this year (2-6 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Valparaiso and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 10 out of 20 times this year.
- The Beacons have combined with their opponent to score more than 137.5 points in 11 of 20 games this season.
- Valparaiso’s games this year have had a 140.8-point total on average, 3.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Northern Iowa Key Players
- The Panthers points and assists leader is Bowen Born. He racks up 18.8 points per game and contributes 2.9 assists.
- Northern Iowa’s rebounding leader is Tytan Anderson, who pulls down 9.4 per game.
- Born hits 2.5 treys per game to lead the Panthers.
- Anderson leads Northern Iowa in both blocks and steals, averaging 0.6 blocks and 1.7 steals per game.
Valparaiso Key Players
- Ben Krikke has the top Beacons spot in two categories: scoring (17.4 points per game) and rebounding (5.9 rebounds per game).
- Nick Edwards has the title of Valparaiso assist leader, dishing out 4.9 assists per game this season.
- Quinton Green is tops from three-point range for the Beacons, knocking down 2.4 treys per game.
- Edwards tops Valparaiso in steals with 1.4 per game, and Krikke leads the squad in blocks with 0.7 per game.