The UIC Flames (9-11, 1-8 MVC) hope to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the Northern Iowa Panthers (10-9, 6-3 MVC) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Credit Union 1 Arena. The contest airs on ESPN3. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Panthers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Flames ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
Northern Iowa vs UIC Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Northern Iowa Offense Vs. UIC Defense
|Northern Iowa Offense||Stats (Rank)||UIC Defense|
|69.7 (224)||Points/Gm||70.2 (213)|
|3.9 (360)||Possessions/Game||7.7 (71)|
|45.6 (123)||Field Goal %||44.1 (206)|
|34.6 (149)||3PT %||31.7 (95)|
|52.2 (120)||Effective FG %||49.4 (163)|
|55.0 (158)||True Shooting %||53.3 (126)|
UIC Offense Vs. Northern Iowa Defense
|UIC Offense||Stats (Rank)||Northern Iowa Defense|
|66.8 (306)||Points/Gm||66.0 (86)|
|7.7 (291)||Possessions/Game||3.9 (3)|
|41.1 (328)||Field Goal %||43.5 (180)|
|31.5 (293)||3PT %||33.1 (157)|
|48.1 (300)||Effective FG %||51.5 (254)|
|52.0 (278)||True Shooting %||54.3 (162)|
Best Betting Sites For Northern Iowa vs UIC
Northern Iowa Betting Insights
- Northern Iowa has compiled a 9-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have been favored by 4.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- A total of nine out of Northern Iowa’s 18 games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Panthers and their opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points in eight of 18 games this season.
- The average point total in Northern Iowa’s outings this year is 135.7, 2.8 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
UIC Betting Insights
- UIC is 11-8-0 ATS this year.
- The Flames have an ATS record of 3-7 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season.
- UIC’s games have hit the over nine out of 19 times this season.
- The Flames have combined with their opponent to score more than 138.5 points in 12 of 19 games this season.
- UIC has had an average of 136.9 points scored in its games so far this season, 1.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Northern Iowa Key Players
- Bowen Born leads the Panthers in points and assists. He puts up 18.8 points per game while tacking on 2.8 assists.
- Tytan Anderson paces Northern Iowa with 9.4 rebounds per game.
- Born is the top three-point shooter for the Panthers, connecting on 2.5 per game.
- Anderson averages 1.7 steals and 0.6 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Northern Iowa.
UIC Key Players
- Jace Carter outpaced his teammates on the Flames scoring front by putting up 15.3 points per game. He adds 6.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to UIC leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Toby Okani with 7.3 rebounds per game and Trevante Anderson with 3.4 assists per game.
- Filip Skobalj makes more threes per game than any other member of the Flames, cashing in 1.7 treys per game.
- UIC’s Carter has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Okani is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.