The Sam Houston Bearkats (26-7) will visit the North Texas Mean Green (27-7) after winning three straight road games. The matchup starts at 4:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 19, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mean Green’s (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Bearkats ( ).
The betting trends in this article reflect odds as of March 19, 2023 at 1:39 PM ET.
No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000 With FanDuel Sportsbook’s Sign-Up Bonus
North Texas vs Sam Houston Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
North Texas Offense Vs. Sam Houston Defense
|North Texas Offense||Stats (Rank)||Sam Houston Defense|
|64.4 (337)||Points/Gm||58.8 (4)|
|27.9 (359)||Possessions/Game||37.3 (299)|
|43.6 (234)||Field Goal %||39.4 (9)|
|34.9 (141)||3PT %||32.4 (90)|
|50.7 (200)||Effective FG %||46.8 (32)|
|55.1 (140)||True Shooting %||52.6 (96)|
Sam Houston Offense Vs. North Texas Defense
|Sam Houston Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Texas Defense|
|72.7 (152)||Points/Gm||55.6 (1)|
|37.3 (62)||Possessions/Game||27.9 (6)|
|45.6 (107)||Field Goal %||39.7 (11)|
|38 (18)||3PT %||31 (32)|
|52.8 (75)||Effective FG %||45 (7)|
|55.2 (132)||True Shooting %||49.7 (10)|
Best Betting Sites For North Texas vs Sam Houston
UP TO $1,200 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $150
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
UP TO $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ get 1,000 Caesars Reward Credits
+ also get 1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: BETODDSFULL
North Texas Betting Insights
- North Texas has put together a 17-14-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Mean Green have covered the spread 10 times this season (10-8 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- In North Texas’ 32 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 15 times.
- Mean Green games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 115.5 points 19 times.
- North Texas has an average total of 120 in its games this year, 4.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Sam Houston Betting Insights
- Sam Houston has compiled an 18-10-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Bearkats have covered the spread twice when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year (in three opportunities).
- Sam Houston’s games have hit the over 12 out of 29 times this season.
- Bearkats games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 115.5 points in 24 of 29 outings.
- The average total for Sam Houston’s games this season has been 131.5, 16 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
North Texas Key Players
- The Mean Green scoring leader is Tylor Perry, who contributes 16.9 points per game.
- Abou Ousmane paces North Texas with six rebounds a game and Kai Huntsberry leads the team with three assists per contest.
- The Mean Green are led by Perry from long distance. He connects on three shots from deep per game.
- Rubin Jones leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Ousmane collects 1.3 blocks an outing to pace North Texas.
Sam Houston Key Players
- Qua Grant holds the top spot on the Bearkats scoring and assist lists, putting up 14.2 points and 4.1 assists per game.
- Javion May’s 4.8 rebounds per game paces Sam Houston’s rebounding effort. He also adds 3.9 points per game.
- Donte Powers leads the Bearkats in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.1 made threes per game.
- Sam Houston’s Grant has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.9 per game and Tristan Ikpe is first in blocks with 0.5 per game.