The Rice Owls (13-5, 4-3 C-USA) will visit the North Texas Mean Green (15-4, 6-2 C-USA) after winning three road games in a row. The matchup begins at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mean Green’s (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Owls ( ).
The insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 19, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
North Texas vs Rice Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
North Texas Offense Vs. Rice Defense
|North Texas Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rice Defense|
|62.3 (350)||Points/Gm||74.4 (309)|
|3.0 (360)||Possessions/Game||14.5 (332)|
|40.9 (333)||Field Goal %||47.5 (336)|
|33.6 (203)||3PT %||35.2 (267)|
|48.1 (298)||Effective FG %||53.9 (326)|
|52.2 (273)||True Shooting %||61.3 (331)|
Rice Offense Vs. North Texas Defense
|Rice Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Texas Defense|
|82.1 (15)||Points/Gm||54.4 (3)|
|14.5 (31)||Possessions/Game||3.0 (4)|
|48.7 (19)||Field Goal %||39.4 (17)|
|36.1 (78)||3PT %||31.5 (85)|
|56.4 (13)||Effective FG %||45.0 (20)|
|59.8 (11)||True Shooting %||50.1 (32)|
Best Betting Sites For North Texas vs Rice
North Texas Betting Insights
- North Texas has compiled a 7-9-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Mean Green have covered the spread twice when favored by 12 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- North Texas’ games have gone over the point total eight out of 17 times this season.
- In three of 17 games this season, the Mean Green and their opponents have gone over 130 points.
- North Texas has an average point total of 116.7 in its contests this year, 13.3 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Rice Betting Insights
- Rice is 9-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Owls have covered the spread when playing as at least 12-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- So far this season, 11 out of Rice’s 15 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Owls have combined with their opponent to score more than 130 points in 14 of 15 games this season.
- Rice has a 156.4-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 26.4 more points than this game’s point total.
North Texas Key Players
- The Mean Green scoring leader is Tylor Perry, who averages 17.6 points per game.
- Kai Huntsberry leads North Texas with 2.5 assists per game and Abou Ousmane paces the squad with 6.2 rebounds per outing.
- The Mean Green are led by Perry from long distance. He hits 3.2 shots from deep per game.
- North Texas’ steals leader is Perry, who grabs 1.4 per game. Ousmane leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks a contest.
Rice Key Players
- Max Fiedler is number one on the Owls leaderboard in both rebounds (8.4 per game) and assists (5.4 per game).
- Quincy Olivari scores 19.1 points per game to pace Rice.
- Travis Evee is tops from three-point range for the Owls, hitting 2.7 treys per game.
- Evee tops Rice in steals with 1.2 per game, and Fiedler leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.