Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia will be the setting for a matchup between the No. 21 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-1, 1-1 ACC) and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-2, 0-1 ACC). The Tar Heels () take to the field against the Yellow Jackets ( on the moneyline to win) on September 25, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. Oddsmakers have set a total of points for the matchup.
In this article we break down everything you need to know before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 25, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
North Carolina Vs. Georgia Tech Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
North Carolina Offense Vs. Georgia Tech Defense
|Tar Heels Offense||Stats (Rank)||Yellow Jackets Defense|
|42.7 (15)||Points/Gm||17.7 (38)|
|553.3 (4)||Yards/Gm||285.7 (29)|
|307.0 (17)||Pass Yards/Gm||124.3 (8)|
|246.3 (13)||Rush Yards/Gm||161.3 (88)|
|10.8 (6)||Yards/Pass||6.0 (34)|
|6.3 (7)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (64)|
|48.3% (27)||3rd Down %||40.5% (85)|
|4 (65)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|7 (104)||Sacks||0 (129)|
Georgia Tech Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|Georgia Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|24.7 (95)||Points/Gm||24.3 (72)|
|383.3 (77)||Yards/Gm||381.3 (82)|
|204.3 (88)||Pass Yards/Gm||270.7 (108)|
|179.0 (53)||Rush Yards/Gm||110.7 (44)|
|7.5 (69)||Yards/Pass||7.7 (94)|
|4.2 (70)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (26)|
|39.5% (68)||3rd Down %||43.2% (95)|
|1 (7)||Turnovers||5 (24)|
|8 (115)||Sacks||4 (62)|
When North Carolina Has The Ball
- The Tar Heels have the 13th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (246.3 yards per game), and will be up against the 88th-ranked defense in that category, as the Yellow Jackets allow 161.3 per game.
- North Carolina converts 48.3% of its third downs (27th in college football), while Georgia Tech’s defense ranks 85th in that category (40.5%)
- The Tar Heels rank seventh with 6.3 yards per carry, compared to the 3.8 per rush the Yellow Jackets allow (64th in the FBS).
- North Carolina ranks sixth in the FBS at 10.8 yards per pass attempt. Georgia Tech allows 6.0 yards per passing play (34th in college football).
When Georgia Tech Has The Ball
- The Yellow Jackets’ pass protection has resulted in eight sacks allowed, 13th-most in college football. The Tar Heels’ defense has four (62nd-most).
- Georgia Tech ranks 70th in the FBS averaging 4.2 yards per carry. North Carolina gives up 3.0 per rushing attempt (26th in college football).
- The Yellow Jackets convert 39.5% of their third downs (68th in college football), while the Tar Heels’ defense ranks 95th in that category (43.2%)
- Georgia Tech averages 7.5 yards per pass attempt (69th in the FBS), and North Carolina allows 7.7 per pass (94th in college football).
North Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
- North Carolina has covered twice in three matchups with a spread this season.
- The Tar Heels have been favored by 14.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- North Carolina’s games have hit the over twice this season.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to score more than 65.5 points twice this season (over three games).
- The Tar Heels have been favored on the moneyline three total times this season. They’ve finished 2-1 in those games.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends And Insights
- Georgia Tech has covered twice in three chances against the spread this year.
- The Yellow Jackets have been an underdog by 14.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Georgia Tech’s games have hit the over once this season.
- Every Georgia Tech game this season has ended with a combined score below 65.5 points.
- The Yellow Jackets lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
North Carolina Players To Watch
- This year, Sam Howell has recorded 867 passing yards (289.0 yards per game) while going 52-for-82 (63.4% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and four interceptions. He has tacked on 251 rushing yards on 39 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 83.7 yards per game.
- Ty Chandler has rushed for a team-high 322 yards on 45 attempts (107.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Josh Downs has 24 catches, leading his team with 399 yards (133.0 ypg) while also scoring four touchdowns this season.
- Antoine Green has also tacked on six receptions for 148 yards and one touchdown.
- Emery Simmons has totaled 119 yards on six receptions with one touchdown, averaging 59.5 yards per game.
Georgia Tech Players To Watch
- Jordan Yates has thrown for 592 yards while completing 67.1% of his passes (49-of-73), with five touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (197.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 31 times for 54 yards and one touchdown, averaging 18.0 yards per game.
- Jahmyr Gibbs has run for a team-leading 185 yards on 40 attempts (61.7 yards per game). He also averages 26.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing seven passes for 78 yards.
- So far this year Jordan Mason has run for 127 yards on 30 carries (42.3 ypg).
- Kyric McGowan has racked up 10 receptions for 181 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 60.3 receiving yards per game.
- Malachi Carter has also tacked on 12 catches for 179 yards this year. He puts up 59.7 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from