The Syracuse Orange (13-7, 6-3 ACC) aim to build on a three-game home win streak when they host the North Carolina Tar Heels (14-6, 6-3 ACC) on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tar Heels’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Orange ( ).
The insights in the following article reference odds valid as of January 24, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
North Carolina vs Syracuse Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
North Carolina Offense Vs. Syracuse Defense
|North Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Syracuse Defense|
|79.6 (30)||Points/Gm||70.0 (202)|
|10.0 (315)||Possessions/Game||10.4 (63)|
|45.4 (131)||Field Goal %||40.9 (48)|
|31.6 (297)||3PT %||33.4 (170)|
|51.0 (184)||Effective FG %||48.7 (134)|
|56.3 (99)||True Shooting %||51.2 (56)|
Syracuse Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|Syracuse Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|75.6 (95)||Points/Gm||72.3 (265)|
|10.4 (296)||Possessions/Game||10.0 (47)|
|46.8 (60)||Field Goal %||43.3 (167)|
|36.3 (67)||3PT %||33.1 (153)|
|52.1 (122)||Effective FG %||49.0 (143)|
|55.6 (129)||True Shooting %||51.8 (75)|
Best Betting Sites For North Carolina vs Syracuse
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina has won seven games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 13 times.
- When playing as at least 4.5-point favorites this season, the Tar Heels have an ATS record of 6-9.
- A total of eight out of North Carolina’s 20 games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have combined to score more than 148 points in 10 of 20 games this season.
- The average point total in North Carolina’s contests this year is 151.9, 3.9 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse has covered 11 times in 20 games with a spread this year.
- When playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs this year, the Orange have an ATS record of 3-1.
- So far this year, 13 out of Syracuse’s 20 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Orange and their opponents have combined to score more than 148 points in eight of 20 games this season.
- Syracuse’s contests this season have a 145.6-point average over/under, 2.4 fewer points than this game’s total.
North Carolina Key Players
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring (17.8 points per game) and rebounding (11.5 rebounds per game).
- The team is led in assists by Caleb Love’s 3.1 per game.
- Love makes 1.9 treys per game to lead the Tar Heels.
- North Carolina’s blocks leader is Bacot, who averages 1.1 per game. Leaky Black leads the team averaging 1.7 steals a contest.
Syracuse Key Players
- Joseph Girard III owns the Orange top spot in scoring with 17.5 points per game and also tacks on 3.0 rebounds and 3.2 assists per contest.
- The Syracuse leaders in rebounds and assists are Jesse Edwards (10.7 rebounds per game) and Judah Mintz (4.4 assists per game).
- Girard III is tops from three-point range for the Orange, knocking down 3.0 treys per game.
- Mintz tops Syracuse in steals with 2.0 per game, and Edwards leads the squad in blocks with 2.7 per game.