The North Carolina Tar Heels (13-6, 5-3 ACC) hope to continue a 10-game home winning streak when they host the NC State Wolf Pack (15-4, 5-3 ACC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tar Heels’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Wolf Pack ( ).
The betting trends in the article below reference odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
North Carolina vs NC State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
North Carolina Offense Vs. NC State Defense
|North Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||NC State Defense|
|79.6 (33)||Points/Gm||68.4 (159)|
|6.9 (320)||Possessions/Game||8.0 (93)|
|45.7 (117)||Field Goal %||43.4 (172)|
|32.0 (282)||3PT %||30.5 (50)|
|51.5 (156)||Effective FG %||48.4 (122)|
|56.3 (102)||True Shooting %||52.2 (91)|
NC State Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|NC State Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|79.5 (34)||Points/Gm||72.4 (268)|
|8.0 (268)||Possessions/Game||6.9 (41)|
|45.4 (134)||Field Goal %||43.4 (172)|
|34.4 (162)||3PT %||33.3 (165)|
|52.2 (116)||Effective FG %||49.2 (156)|
|55.4 (143)||True Shooting %||51.9 (78)|
Best Betting Sites For North Carolina vs NC State
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina has compiled a 6-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels have been favored by 6.5 points or more 12 times this season, and covered the spread in five of those games.
- In North Carolina’s 19 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total eight times.
- In seven of 19 games this season, the Tar Heels and their opponents have scored more than 153 points.
- The average point total in North Carolina’s outings this year is 152.0, 1.0 fewer point than this game’s over/under.
NC State Betting Insights
- NC State has covered nine times in 19 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Wolf Pack have won their only game this season when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- NC State’s games have gone over the point total nine out of 19 times this season.
- The Wolf Pack have played six games this season that ended with a combined score over 153 points.
- NC State’s games this season have had an average of 147.9 points, 5.1 fewer points than this game’s point total.
North Carolina Key Players
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring (17.6 points per game) and rebounding (11.2 rebounds per game).
- North Carolina’s assists leader is Caleb Love, who averages 3.2 per game.
- The Tar Heels are led by Love from beyond the arc. He connects on 1.9 shots from deep per game.
- North Carolina’s blocks leader is Bacot, who averages 1.2 per game. Leaky Black leads the team averaging 1.6 steals an outing.
NC State Key Players
- Terquavion Smith holds the top spot on the Wolf Pack scoring and assist lists, tallying 19.1 points and 4.6 assists per game.
- Jack Clark collects all of the boards and is the NC State leader in rebounds, grabbing 7.1 per game.
- Smith is tops from three-point range for the Wolf Pack, hitting 3.0 treys per game.
- Smith tops NC State in steals with 1.9 per game, and D.J. Burns leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.