The Charleston (SC) Cougars (3-0) will try to build on a three-game home winning streak when they host the No. 18 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at TD Arena. The game airs at 8:30 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tar Heels’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Cougars ( ).
This article makes reference to odds valid as of November 16, 2021 at 8:01 PM ET. Find all the current odds for this contest in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
North Carolina vs Charleston (SC) Betting Odds
North Carolina Offense Vs. Charleston (SC) Defense (From 2020-21)
|North Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charleston (SC) Defense|
|75.1 (76)||Points/Gm||69.4 (148)|
|70.9 (96)||Possessions/Game||65.3 (30)|
|44 (177)||Field Goal %||44.8 (234)|
|32.2 (249)||3PT %||36.7 (312)|
|48.5 (252)||Effective FG %||52.3 (275)|
|52.1 (241)||True Shooting %||55.8 (290)|
Charleston (SC) Offense vs. North Carolina Defense (From 2020-21)
|Charleston (SC) Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|71.2 (176)||Points/Gm||70.3 (179)|
|64.4 (333)||Possessions/Game||70.2 (215)|
|45.4 (90)||Field Goal %||42.4 (124)|
|37.6 (27)||3PT %||34.9 (253)|
|52.9 (70)||Effective FG %||49.2 (152)|
|56.3 (65)||True Shooting %||52.4 (132)|
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina won 14 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 16 times.
- The Tar Heels covered the spread twice last season (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- North Carolina’s games went over the point total 15 out of 30 times last season.
- In three games last season, North Carolina and its opponents scored more than 162.5 total points.
- The Tar Heels had an average total of 144.8 in their contests last season, 17.7 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Charleston (SC) Betting Insights
- Charleston (SC) has won three games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing twice.
- In Charleston (SC)’s five chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Charleston (SC) has played three games this season that ended with a point total above 162.5 points.
- The average over/under for Cougars outings this season is 152.4, 10.1 fewer points than this game’s total.
North Carolina Key Players
- Armando Bacot put up 12.4 points per game last season while also adding 7.8 rebounds.
- Caleb Love notched 3.6 assists per game.
- Kerwin Walton had a strong showing from long distance a season ago. He knocked down 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Leaky Black collected 1.3 steals per game. Day’Ron Sharpe averaged 0.9 blocks a game.
Charleston (SC) Key Players
- Dimitrius Underwood is number one on the Cougars leaderboard in both rebounds (eight per game) and assists (four per game).
- John Meeks has the title of Charleston (SC)’s top scorer by putting up 17.7 points per game.
- Brenden Tucker makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, averaging 3.3 treys per game.
- Charleston (SC)’s Meeks has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with two per game and Charles Lampten is first in blocks with one per game.