The McNeese Cowboys (5-14, 2-4 Southland) will try to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Nicholls State Colonels (9-9, 4-2 Southland) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at H&HP Complex. The contest airs at 4:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Colonels’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Cowboys ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reference odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM ET.
Nicholls State vs McNeese Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Nicholls State Offense Vs. McNeese Defense
|Nicholls State Offense||Stats (Rank)||McNeese Defense|
|74.6 (127)||Points/Gm||76.3 (334)|
|12.6 (103)||Possessions/Game||10.8 (173)|
|44.5 (188)||Field Goal %||47.6 (337)|
|33.5 (211)||3PT %||39.8 (359)|
|50.6 (203)||Effective FG %||56.8 (361)|
|51.7 (293)||True Shooting %||59.5 (308)|
McNeese Offense Vs. Nicholls State Defense
|McNeese Offense||Stats (Rank)||Nicholls State Defense|
|68.0 (276)||Points/Gm||71.1 (236)|
|10.8 (186)||Possessions/Game||12.6 (258)|
|43.2 (249)||Field Goal %||44.8 (249)|
|33.7 (201)||3PT %||30.1 (42)|
|50.5 (209)||Effective FG %||50.6 (214)|
|52.3 (264)||True Shooting %||61.5 (336)|
Best Betting Sites For Nicholls State vs McNeese
Nicholls State Betting Insights
- Nicholls State has put together a 6-7-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Colonels have covered the spread once this season (1-1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- So far this season, four out of Nicholls State’s 14 games have hit the over.
- The Colonels and their opponents have scored more than 144.5 points in five of 14 games this season.
- The average point total in Nicholls State’s contests this year is 145.7, 1.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
McNeese Betting Insights
- McNeese has put together an 8-9-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Cowboys have covered the spread five times this season (5-5-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- In McNeese’s 18 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 10 times.
- The Cowboys have played nine games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 144.5 points.
- McNeese has had an average of 144.3 points scored in its games so far this season, 0.2 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Nicholls State Key Players
- The Colonels scoring leader is Caleb Huffman, who contributes 15.4 points per game.
- Nicholls State is led in rebounding by Emmanuel Little’s 7.9 rebounds per game and assists by Micah Thomas’ 3.5 assists per game.
- Huffman hits 1.7 treys per game to lead the Colonels.
- Nicholls State’s blocks leader is Marek Nelson, who records 0.7 per game. Huffman leads the team averaging 2.2 steals an outing.
McNeese Key Players
- The Cowboys go-to guy, Trae English, leads the team in both scoring (12.2 points per game) and assists (3.5 assists per game).
- Christian Shumate’s 9.6 rebounds per game paces McNeese’s rebounding effort. He also adds 11.4 points per game.
- Zach Scott is tops from three-point range for the Cowboys, hitting 2.1 treys per game.
- English tops McNeese in steals with 1.8 per game, and Shumate leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.