The Canisius Golden Griffins (5-9, 1-2 MAAC) will look to extend a three-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the Niagara Purple Eagles (6-7, 1-3 MAAC) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at Gallagher Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Purple Eagles’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Golden Griffins ( ).
The betting insights in the article below use the latest odds as of January 13, 2022 at 4:04 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Niagara vs Canisius Betting Odds
Niagara Offense Vs. Canisius Defense
|Niagara Offense||Stats (Rank)||Canisius Defense|
|69.2 (252)||Points/Gm||73.8 (292)|
|65.6 (310)||Possessions/Game||73.2 (303)|
|45.4 (125)||Field Goal %||46.3 (329)|
|35.7 (92)||3PT %||27.8 (18)|
|52 (130)||Effective FG %||51 (272)|
|56 (97)||True Shooting %||53.6 (266)|
Canisius Offense Vs. Niagara Defense
|Canisius Offense||Stats (Rank)||Niagara Defense|
|71.7 (191)||Points/Gm||65.1 (93)|
|71 (100)||Possessions/Game||65.4 (31)|
|39.7 (333)||Field Goal %||41.7 (127)|
|31.4 (281)||3PT %||31.7 (119)|
|46.4 (318)||Effective FG %||48.8 (176)|
|50.2 (300)||True Shooting %||52.2 (201)|
Niagara Betting Insights
- Niagara has covered eight times in 13 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Purple Eagles have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Niagara’s games have hit the over five out of 13 times this season.
- Niagara and its opponents have gone over 133.5 combined points in five of 13 games this season.
- The average point total in Purple Eagles matchups this year is 135.3, 1.8 more points than this game’s over/under.
Canisius Betting Insights
- Canisius has put together an 8-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Golden Griffins have covered the spread six times this year (6-0 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Canisius’ games have gone over the point total five out of 13 times this season.
- Canisius has combined with its opponent to score more than 133.5 points in 10 of 13 games this season.
- Golden Griffins games this year have had a 145.7-point total on average, 12.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Niagara Key Players
- Marcus Hammond leads the Purple Eagles scoring 16.4 points per game.
- Noah Thomasson leads Niagara with three assists per game and Sam Iorio paces the squad with 5.8 rebounds per outing.
- The Purple Eagles are led by Hammond from long distance. He hits 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- Niagara’s blocks leader is Iorio, who averages 0.5 per game. Jordan Cintron leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a game.
Canisius Key Players
- Malek Green holds the top Golden Griffins spot in two categories: scoring (15.2 points per game) and rebounding (6.7 rebounds per game).
- Ahamadou Fofana puts in work dishing out assists and is Canisius’ assist leader with 3.6 per game.
- Jordan Henderson leads the Golden Griffins in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.9 made threes per game.
- Green tops Canisius in steals with 1.3 per game, and Henderson leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.