As the 2021 NFL season kicks off, bettors have been evaluating the current week’s games and betting lines with much anticipation. In looking ahead each week, TheLines is here to provide you additional sports betting resources and information you can bet on. That includes NFL Week 2 look-ahead lines for the following week’s NFL games and some of the storylines and betting situations to assist you in your pursuit of profit.
WEEK 2 LOOKAHEAD LINES
Other NFC division duels include the Carolina Panthers hosting the early-season traveling New Orleans Saints, and the defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosting the Atlanta Falcons. On Sunday night football, the Detroit Lions travel to Green Bay, where the Packers (-10) are projected to be the second biggest Week 2 favorite and a popular survivor pool pick. AFC division matchups include East division rivals New England at New York Jets and Buffalo at Miami. .
|Week 2 Game||FanDuel Spread|
|Giants at Washington (WFT)||WFT -3|
|Bengals at Bears||CHI -4.5|
|Texans at Browns||CLE -13|
|Rams at Colts||LA -2.5|
|Bills at Dolphins||BUF -3|
|Patriots at Jets||NE -4.5|
|49ers at Eagles||SF -4.5|
|Raiders at Steelers||PIT -6|
|Saints at Panthers||NO -3|
|Broncos at Jaguars||DEN -3|
|Vikings at Cardinals||AZ -1.5|
|Falcons at Buccaneers||TB -8|
|Cowboys at Chargers||LA -2|
|Titans at Seahawks||SEA -4.5|
|Chiefs at Ravens||KC -1|
|Lions at Packers||GB -10|
What could happen in Week 1 to impact Week 2 look-ahed lines
- An impressive Thursday night opening win by Tampa Bay will have bettors clamoring to back the Bucs more. A higher line vs. Atlanta would be nearly certain if the Falcons were to lose to the Eagles.
- If the Browns upset the Chiefs in Kansas City, then Cleveland will likely move to a 14-point favorite over Houston, and especially if the Texans lose to the Jaguars.
- A home loss by the Patriots or a road win by the Jets will move the New England to a shorter road favorite at New York.
- The Saints will be tough to support laying -3 playing a second straight week away from home in a division duel at Carolina. Sharp bettors played the Saints under 9.5 and now 9 season wins. The line may dip off the key number if the Saints play poorly against Green Bay.
Other Week 2 storylines:
- How do AFC East division rivals New England and New York Jets match-up with rookie QB’s Mac Jones and Zack Wilson establishing a new rivalry?
- Which NFC East team is moving ahead on Thursday Night Football when the New York Giants visit Washington?
- Can the Denver Broncos win two straight road games as favorites to start the season when they travel to Jacksonville to face Offensive Rookie of the Year favorite, QB Trevor Lawrence? The Jaguars start the season with two straight home games.
- Will there be big bets on Tom Brady and the Buccaneers start the season 2-0 as big home favorites, or cost survivor pool players against division dirty bird Atlanta Falcons?
- How will the Baltimore Ravens handle a home game as short underdog against AFC favorite Kansas City off the Ravens Monday night game in Las Vegas?
HOW TO USE LOOK-AHEAD LINES
TheLines turns to FanDuel Sportsbook for opening look-ahead lines for next week’s NFL games. These advance lines are posted every Thursday, a full week before the ensuing week’s games on the schedule. These look-ahead lines allow you a sneak peek at the projected lines for the following week’s games. This advance information from a leading online sportsbook provides lessons in understanding lines and projections before the current week’s games are played.
The tendency for many bettors is to over-react to the previous week’s scores and results. The look-ahead lines provide a sense of stability from the linemaker, who is unbiased in setting the lines in advance without the information from the current week’s contests.
Bettors can also gain an edge or find value in the lines and odds once the current week’s lines are released. They do this based on not only a potential overreaction to the recent week’s results, but by using information they have on teams. That includes key injuries, travel and scheduling situations, and use of NFL power rankings. Making adjustments is part of the process, along with formulating an opinions on teams and evaluating strengths, weaknesses, stats, ATS angles and weekly personnel match-ups.