The Orlando Magic (6-6) are 9-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a three-game road slide when they take on the Brooklyn Nets (7-6) on Saturday, January 16, 2021 at Barclays Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on YES.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 16, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Magic Betting Odds
Nets vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 16
James Harden: Day To Day (Trade Pending),
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Kyrie Irving: Out (Health Protocols)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Out (Back Spasms),
Mo Bamba: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Nets and Magic Records ATS
- Brooklyn is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 6-7
- The Nets are 0-1 against the spread this season when they are at least a 9-point favorite.
- 8 of 13 Brooklyn games this season (61.5%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Orlando has met expectations of oddsmakers this season with an even 6-6 record ATS.
- Orlando and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 41.7% (5) of their 12 games played.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Nets defeated the Magic 108-96. Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot led the Nets with 24 points, and Markelle Fultz paced the Magic with 18. The Nets covered the spread as 4.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 204 total points to go under the 224.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/11/2020||Magic||Magic||-4.5||224.5||-195||161||Regular Season||108-96 BKN*|
|7/31/2020||Magic||Nets||-7||210.5||-303||244||Regular Season||128-118 ORL|
|2/24/2020||Nets||Nets||-3.5||213||-165||138||Regular Season||115-113 ORL*|
|1/6/2020||Magic||Magic||-5||212.5||-199||167||Regular Season||101-89 ORL*|
|2/2/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-89 ORL|
|1/23/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-110 BKN|
|1/18/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-115 BKN|
|3/28/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 BKN|
|1/1/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 BKN|
|10/24/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-121 ORL|
- 8/11/2020 DNP – Nets: Caris LeVert, Joe Harris; Magic: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Aaron Gordon
- 2/24/2020 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 1/6/2020 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- The Nets are the NBA’s third-highest scoring team (118.6 PPG), while the Magic allow their opponents the 15th-fewest points per game (111.4) in the league.
- The Nets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 74 points this season (5.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Magic have out-scored them by 73 more points on the year (6.1 per game).
- The Nets points and rebounds leader is Kevin Durant. He scores 29.4 points per game and adds 7.2 rebounds.
- Durant’s points prop total for the contest is set at 31.5, 2.1 points greater than his season average of 29.4.
- The squad is led in assists by James Harden’s 10.4 per game.
- Harden’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 46.5, 6.2 greater than his season average of 40.3.
- Kyrie Irving is the top three-point shooter for the Nets, hitting 3.7 per game.
- Irving’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 3.7.
- Irving leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. DeAndre Jordan collects 1.3 blocks an outing to pace Brooklyn.
- Irving’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Nikola Vucevic is at the top of the Magic scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.9 points per game and 10.8 rebounds per game this season.
- Vucevic’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 12.5 boards, 1.7 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.8.
- Fultz puts in work handing out assists and is Orlando’s assist leader with 5.4 per game.
- Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 higher than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic is tops from three-point range for the Magic, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Nobody on Orlando grabs more steals than Evan Fournier (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Michael Carter-Williams (0.6 per game).
- Carter-Williams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 0.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from