The Brooklyn Nets (2-0) visit the Charlotte Hornets (0-2) as favorites after Kyrie Irving scored 37 points in the Nets’ 123-95 victory over the Celtics. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, December 27, 2020.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 27, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Nets vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 27
Nets: Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee)
Hornets: Grant Riller: Day To Day (Knee), Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Nets and Hornets Records ATS
- Brooklyn was an even 38-38 against the spread last season.
- The Nets were an even 1-1 against the spread last season when they were at least an 8-point favorite.
- In 50% of its games last season (38/76), Brooklyn and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Charlotte outperformed the spread last season with a record of 32-30-2.
- 46.9% of Charlotte’s 64 games last season went over the over/under.
Head to Head
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (21 points) led the Nets past P.J. Washington (16 points) and the Hornets 115-86 in their last matchup on Saturday. The Nets were favored by 4 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 201 total points in the matchup fell short of the 210.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Nets||Hornets||-4||210.5||-173||145||Regular Season||115-86 BKN*|
|12/11/2019||Nets||Nets||-10||217||-578||433||Regular Season||113-108 CHA*|
|12/6/2019||Nets||Hornets||-3||219.5||-155||130||Regular Season||111-104 BKN*|
|11/20/2019||Nets||Nets||-4.5||219||-187||155||Regular Season||101-91 BKN*|
|3/1/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-112 CHA|
|2/23/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-115 BKN|
|12/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-87 CHA|
|12/26/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||134-132 BKN|
|3/21/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-105 CHA|
|3/8/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-111 BKN|
- 2/22/2020 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 12/11/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- 12/6/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- 11/20/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- Last season, the Nets were the league’s 16th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Hornets allowed the 12th-fewest points per game (109.6) in NBA play.
- The Nets had a -123-point scoring differential last season (-1.6 per game). The Hornets were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-439 total points, -6.7 per game).
- Irving put up 27.4 points per game last season.
- DeAndre Jordan pulled down 10.0 rebounds per game and Spencer Dinwiddie averaged 6.8 assists per game .
- Irving grabbed 1.4 per game. Jarrett Allen averaged 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Devonte’ Graham scored 18.2 points per game last season and added 7.5 assists.
- Cody Zeller grabbed 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Terry Rozier grabbed 1.0 per game. Bismack Biyombo averaged 0.9 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from